First lesson tonight

Loz1607

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Been back playing for the last 5-6 weeks now after a break and really struggling to put a decent round together so thought I would take the plunge and get some lessons. If I am going to spend time down the range hitting lots of balls in an attempt to recaputre my former level, I might as well be practicing properly.

Really struggling off the tee at the moment with a nasty hook, also tending to pull a few irons shots, which is frustrating as I was pretty staight and consistent previously.

Will hopefully get a few videos of tonight on my phone to see what changes I need to make to my swing.

Be interested to hear how others have benefited from lessons etc

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Been back playing for the last 5-6 weeks now after a break and really struggling to put a decent round together so thought I would take the plunge and get some lessons. If I am going to spend time down the range hitting lots of balls in an attempt to recaputre my former level, I might as well be practicing properly.

Really struggling off the tee at the moment with a nasty hook, also tending to pull a few irons shots, which is frustrating as I was pretty staight and consistent previously.

Will hopefully get a few videos of tonight on my phone to see what changes I need to make to my swing.

Be interested to hear how others have benefited from lessons etc

Is this a one off lesson or a star of a series? Personally if I was getting back I'd want 4-6 to get the basics back and then look at areas like driving and the short game. The issues come for me when people have a lesson, never work on the drills and fixes and then go back the following week and wonder why there is little improvement. If you're not prepared to invest time to practice then I feel it's just a band aid fix. It's just my own view of course and hopefully whatever way you're doing it, it'll pay off and the return to golf will be a successful one

Loz1607

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is this a one off lesson or a star of a series? Personally if I was getting back I'd want 4-6 to get the basics back and then look at areas like driving and the short game. The issues come for me when people have a lesson, never work on the drills and fixes and then go back the following week and wonder why there is little improvement. If you're not prepared to invest time to practice then I feel it's just a band aid fix. It's just my own view of course and hopefully whatever way you're doing it, it'll pay off and the return to golf will be a successful one

This is the start of what I'm hoping will be a series of lessons over the next few years and onwards! I believe it is important to keep looking to improve using expert help and analysis.

great first lesson, was strapped up in a k vest and used track man to analyse my swing/shots!

My my biggest area for improvement was rotation on the down swing, and making sure the hips shoulders and arms fire in the correct order!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
great first lesson, was strapped up in a k vest and used track man to analyse my swing/shots!

My my biggest area for improvement was rotation on the down swing, and making sure the hips shoulders and arms fire in the correct order!

Sounds very 'technical' for a 1st lesson. Still, each to their own.

Loz1607

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have the next lesson booked for 2 weeks time so have something to go away and work on! Was swaying too much not rotating and swinging through with my arms causing the hooks/pulls. Just need to get on the range and work on engaging hips, shoulders and hands/arms in that order