Finding golf balls

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Not looking for balls, but a PP found his ball in a clump of grass at the bottom of the bell post. He played his ball out sideways and two came out. His ball had landed on top of another and he had not noticed. 😁

did he receive a penalty for said infraction ?

it's all balls

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What winds me up is when one of my regular F/C's announces on the tee that he is playing with such and such a ball with specific markings. Those markings just happen to be exactly the same markings that I use on all my golf balls. Now I don't care that they have one of my cast offs but to use it in the same 4ball as me when I probably already have the same make and markings just gets my
goat.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What winds me up is when one of my regular F/C's announces on the tee that he is playing with such and such a ball with specific markings. Those markings just happen to be exactly the same markings that I use on all my golf balls. Now I don't care that they have one of my cast offs but to use it in the same 4ball as me when I probably already have the same make and markings just gets my
goat.
Ha, if that happened to me I'd just ask for it back! "Cheers mate, that's one of mine!"

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
In 2015 I was between contracts so did some "starting/marshalling" at Celtic Manor. A drive round in the buggy during/after a big Corporate Day usually yielded a great haul. Some folk went out who only played once or twice a year and I am sure some had never played. Mind you, we always used to subtly check with the organisers what sort of balls they were dishing out. And we always knew where to look!

Another thing. I was sent an "ultraviolet" torch by a marketing company to test - meant to make golf balls stand out like a beacon in the half-light or dark. Crikey, they work a treat, but scrabbling around in the undergrowth after dark to find a heap of TopFlites isn't worth the effort! Practice bag is full, time to give up!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I once found about a dozen balls in an area no more than 6' by 6' slap bang in the middle of a large area of gorse right in front of our 10th tee. Getting to them was painful.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
The 12th hole at the London Club (lnternational course) is a great place to look. Both me & a mate duffed our tee shots into the rough between the tee & the pond. Seems we are not the only ones to have done so. We went for a look, and by the time we came up for air, we'd got about fifteen each. Sadly, none of them ours.