F1 Silverstone 2024

jmcp

Visit site
Hi,

I am looking into taking my daughter to the Grand Prix next year for her birthday (30th) and was wondering if it Is worth booking the cheapest hospitality package (copse view) or would that be too much of a compromise. Also, are the practice days really worth going to or are they even better than race day due to better access to the circuit, any info appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers, John

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
I always go 3 days as there is a lot more going on than just F1. I was at budapest this year and Spa last. Silverstone is a great day out but damn it's expensive now. Ive had gold grandstands last 2 races and will never go back to GA. We made a week's holiday of Hungary this and will probs go Austria next year.
Copse would be good corner as it's very fast through there.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I always go 3 days as there is a lot more going on than just F1. I was at budapest this year and Spa last. Silverstone is a great day out but damn it's expensive now. Ive had gold grandstands last 2 races and will never go back to GA. We made a week's holiday of Hungary this and will probs go Austria next year.
Copse would be good corner as it's very fast through there.

Agree with this. Go for 3 days. Camp at Woodlands.

Silverstone has plenty going on off track as well as on track. Other circuits don’t.

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
Agree with this. Go for 3 days. Camp at Woodlands.

Silverstone has plenty going on off track as well as on track. Other circuits don’t.
Yes Silverstone is almost festival like with lots more than just the motor racing.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes Silverstone is almost festival like with lots more than just the motor racing.
Silverstone now has the Silverstone Festival during the August Bank Holiday. It used to be called the Silverstone Classic which was mainly historic racing for cars up to the massive turbo powered F1 cars of the 1980s.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
We were in Copse this year, right at the back of the grandstand - very good. We only went one day as I've two early teens, but I can definitely see the attraction of three days with all the events going on.

As stated above, it is VERY expensive, but the whole experience was worth it.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you can get tickets definetely do the weekend, stay sunday night as well and leave monday morning would be my advice. Good luck getting tickets though, Silverstone are on a mission to squeeze every last penny they can out of loyal fans who have supported the circuit through thick and thin over the years. There's something wrong when its cheaper to go to Singapore for the weekend than it is your home race:rolleyes: