F.S. Mizuno MP69 Iron Set 3-PW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi guys

Looking to move my MP69's on to a new home. They are in good condition - usual ball marks and bag clatter but all round a great looking set in good condition. S300 shafts, Mizuno grips. Standard Length/loft/lie etc.

Couple of pics below - seem to show any wee marks and finger prints at all in the camera flash! Can do more pics of club faces etc for anyone interested.

Looking for £250 ono.

IMG_1763 by weewillywinky, on Flickr

IMG_1764 by weewillywinky, on Flickr

Any questions give me a shout.

Will

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm sort of intersted, but i would be looking at less than £200 TBH

Hi patricks148 - I am up in the Highlands semi regular with work so maybe could work something out? I will PM you to see.

brendy - deffo MP69's. Not sure what you mean but a quick google image search shows the 68's to have a logo near the toe which these do not have?

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I have both MP68's and MP69's and my MP69's don't have the running bird on the sole but my MP68's have the MP68 at the toe

Sorry not trying to imply anything must be earlier or later models

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have both MP68's and MP69's and my MP69's don't have the running bird on the sole but my MP68's have the MP68 at the toe

Sorry not trying to imply anything must be earlier or later models

No you are right - I have just been looking at more Google pics and they don't match up! They are like half a 68 design and half a 69 design so now I'm very worried.

Any Mizuno experts/fans got any ideas?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I also thought that as I had MP69's and the bird was not on the sole- a google search however brings up clubs the same as yours, so not much help, sorry.

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Mine definitely look wrong compared to most of the pics. Think I've been had.....Golfbidder & Mizuno official clearly show the running bird there on the back of the blade while mine is on the sole. They feel right but I guess they could just be a good copy?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Mine definitely look wrong compared to most of the pics. Think I've been had.....Golfbidder & Mizuno official clearly show the running bird there on the back of the blade while mine is on the sole. They feel right but I guess they could just be a good copy?

How about e-mailing Mizuno? Surely wouldn't be the first time that there's been a minor graphics change from one year's model to the next?

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
just been googling like mad and cant find any with it on the sole :(

Yes me too-thats whats got me worried!

How about e-mailing Mizuno? Surely wouldn't be the first time that there's been a minor graphics change from one year's model to the next?

Is there serial numbers on the hosel? if so, contact mizuno uk and see what they say.

Will contact Mizuno tomorrow and see what they say and post back.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I wouldn't be to worried if you were going to fake something I am sure you would get the branding in the correct position it's more likely to being a very early release

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Try posting the question on the Mizuno forum - apart from it being full of Mizuno geeks (some of which also hang around here), there are also some Mizuno staff on there who could probably advise

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't be to worried if you were going to fake something I am sure you would get the branding in the correct position it's more likely to being a very early release

you are probably correct. I have two sets of old mizuno silver cup blades from the 1980's and there are minor differences between those. long before they started knocking out fake clubs!

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Spoke to Mizuno direct today and they said the following:

- They wouldn't have put the running bird on the sole as far as they were aware with this particular model BUT that some companies such as Yoro Craft/Tour Spec Golf can do different layouts of logos and personalisation.

- Serial numbers are usually on either shaft, hosel or ferrule but there are exceptions to all those rules - e.g some heads have no serial, shafts and ferrules get changed and then no serial is present (Mine have no serial). Generally though they'd expect to see a serial number somewhere.

- Without seeing them in hand they really couldn't say for sure if they are real, fake or custom!

- Testing whether they can be bent will show if they are cast or forged. An easy bend shows they are forged (still not necessarily Mizuno's though) while difficult to bend or breakage = a cast club which is more typical of a copy/fake.

With that in mind I think I will remove them from sale-I don't think I can sell them to someone not knowing 100%. Sorry to those who were keen.

I hit them today and they 'feel' right to me. The distance gaps are good between the irons. A good shot feels smooth and a bad shot feels terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.