ESR Question

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A friend of mine has just had an ESR adjustment. I don't think it's unfair and have no reason to doubt the way it's been applied, but I'm just curious if this is the way it works.

He had a round of nett differential -9 in April. Since then he's played 15 qualifiers, had a cut of 0.2, 2 buffers and 12 0.1's back. Then Saturday he had a round of -5 nett differential and as well as the standard cut, had a 0.5 ESR reduction.

Does that sound right with so many bad rounds between the good ones?

Thanks

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think the wording is "10 or more qualifying scores between scores" then "average -5.5 to -9.5 = - 0.5 shot" so sounds right in this instance.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have no idea - all complete gibberish to me.

But please Mods can you ban Fragger from this thread........................snigger snigger

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
i thought i might get one of these new cuts as i have shot two 40's this year but it wasnt the case.

That depends on what 40 means at your track. ESR is based on nett differentials, i.e. taking the relationship between CSS and par into account. One man's 40 could be -4, another's could be -1.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I was -7 better than CSS in a comp earlier this year (went from 7.6 to 6.2)

Im now off 5.2 bit disapointed that if I managed to beat CSS again by 4 that the ESR would not apply to me. I'd be delighted to get the cut. Not fully sure why Cat.1 players are exempt from it