Enforced nomad, team running course apparently done a runner

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. Just looked at the site and the Players looks nice.
Hoping to visit West Berks in a couple of weeks. Couple of guys have already signed up there and few others showing interest.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. Just looked at the site and the Players looks nice.
Hoping to visit West Berks in a couple of weeks. Couple of guys have already signed up there and few others showing interest.
West berks is a bit behind the times (you put stamps on a sheet to book comp tee times) but it’s a small friendly club and I always enjoyed the roll ups etc. Also it’s quite high up so drains pretty well for a parkland course.

I’m assuming some of you will join Wrag? Good membership from what I’ve heard, but the course just bores me to tears

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Ha yes, there is a booking link on WBGC site but it goes to a page not found! They do seem to be on HDID, so will check if the comp booking is online which is a preference for me anywhere.
Am sure some will go to Wrag. Some 3rd hand comments about difficulty gaining tee times and comp entries seemed to be putting some off, but I'll make my own mind up.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I guess there is some positives Iain in that some of the other guys are already in new places so you can get some honest feedback and you have the chance to try others and make an informed decision. In a perverse sort of way, seeing courses over the winter is the best time as you can really see what drainage is like, and whether they have things like trolley bans. I hope you can find a new home to enjoy the golf soon

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Ha yes, there is a booking link on WBGC site but it goes to a page not found! They do seem to be on HDID, so will check if the comp booking is online which is a preference for me anywhere.
Am sure some will go to Wrag. Some 3rd hand comments about difficulty gaining tee times and comp entries seemed to be putting some off, but I'll make my own mind up.
When I enquired they said it’s online for the two drawn comps per month, you enter into a time slot, there are midweek medals where you book your own tee times.

@MendieGK - how long does it take to get to Players from Swindon?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I enquired they said it’s online for the two drawn comps per month, you enter into a time slot, there are midweek medals where you book your own tee times.

@MendieGK - how long does it take to get to Players from Swindon?
30mins from the centre by the county ground on a sat AM. From j16 it’s about 18-20mins as it’s only 2miles off the motorway