electric trolley views and reviews

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
I am thinking of buying an electric trolley, and would appreciate any views on tried and tested trolleys. In particular the lower end of the market , some cost too much relative to the effort of actually pulling one round the course

swingstar1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'd be wary of really cheap trolleys as from talking to my PGA pro he tells me they do tend to go wrong on a regular basis. He advised me to invest in a powakaddy and although I admit it was pricey but I have had my freeway sport for three years and its never been anything other than A1 and ultra relable

I think of the better budget brands hillybilly and motocaddy are supoosed to be reliable

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Andycap - as equipment editor of GM I would endorse what Swingstar has said and tread quite carefully at the very lowest end of the power trolley market. The last few years have seen considerable growth in this sector but quite a high percentage of companies that have had a go at budget electric trolleys are here today, gone tomorrow leaving customers high and dry in some instances.

If PowaKaddy (www.powakaddy.com) is beyond your means (although now even they have less expensive options in their range), Hill Billy (www.hillbilly.co.uk) and Motocaddy (www.motocaddy.com) appear to be good options without costing a fortune. There is one other company just getting in on the act called GoKart (www.gokart.co.uk) which could well become a competitor for these two brands and we will be featuring one of their modern looking products in our May issue out early April

Just for your interest, the pro at my club has had good success and very little trouble with the Motocaddy trolley (£279), and a catalogue of disasters with some of the very cheapest models

ajbbarroso

Visit site
In the range of the price/quality, I would chose one that doesn't have a lot of electric parts.
I just found at Orlando PGA Show last week the powerbug (www.powerbug.co.uk) and seems to me very good.
I am in the golf business, that why I have been in the Show, and I will try the distribute it in Portugal for two reasons: simplicity and price.

putt_100

Visit site
anycapp

You won't go far wrong with the HILLBILLY, and their after
sales service is great, I have had one for 5 years,except for a new battery & a switch it's been a loyal servant

Hoppy

Club Champion
Visit site
Read lots of reviews on different Trollies, finaly brought a Motocaddy S1 last night no creep like some of the reviews said and it's light weight but best of all it's whisper quiet, can't wait to take it on it's first outing at the weekend.