Eclectics

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our Winter Eclectic is run with one pre-nominated card per month for the 6 months October to March with 50% current Course Handicap taken off at end of comp. This is always won by one of the "better" players. Do you think 50% is too much to take of the higher handicappers?

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
Our Winter Eclectic is run with one pre-nominated card per month for the 6 months October to March with 50% current Course Handicap taken off at end of comp. This is always won by one of the "better" players. Do you think 50% is too much to take of the higher handicappers?
Well, the results suggest 'Yes'!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I run 2 eclectics

One is gross scores only and the other is Stableford points all from the same games. It makes everybody happy as all feel like the have a chance of winning something.
Prior to my taking it over it was only a Stableford points comp and despite several years having the best gross I never won anything.

AAC

Visit site
We run an unofficial winter eclectic on a Sunday from late Oct thro to mid march, there is a gross and a nett comp with everyone playing 75% of their h/c at the day the comp starts. You can't win the gross and the nett in the same year. We have an entry of 50 this year of which 12 of the players are h/c 3.0 or better.

As you would expect the gross comp has 8 of the top ten at 5 .0 or better and the other two are single figures.

The nett is more interesting in that we have a four way tie as of this week, two are 20.0 h/c and the other s are 3.3 & 8.9.

For reference with 4 weeks to go 53 leads the gross and 51 leads the nett.

It's been running for a few years now and is very keenly contested, even one of our lads who has just turned pro plays most weeks, we couple it with a blind pairs draw after in the bar which is always a good craic.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses.

My feeling was that 50% handicap was a bit unfair to the higher handicapper and that seems to be supported by most of the examples provided. I will be proposing an increase for next winter.