Ecco Street Evo Review

GeneralStore

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Was lucky enough to be picked for the Ecco Forum opportunity a month ago and its taken me a while to post a review only because I have been so busy.

The shoe - Good Bits:
Quality is the first word that comes to mind with Ecco shoes, amazing quality. If they had told me that each one was handcrafted by tibetan monks I would have believed it. From the packaging to the details on the shoe it just oozes quality.
Comfortable is the next word, you can play 18 holes and still not feel the need to take them off, just so comfortable. With other shoes I have owned in the past, as soon as I finish playing I want to just get them off my feet, but with these there is no need.
The moulded studs is something that I wasnt completely sold on before I received them, but they do give good grip and on dry ground they are every bit as good as normal studs.

The shoe - Bad Bits:
Expensive - these arent cheap, but you pay peanuts and you get monkeys. Even with their price, I wont buy another brand of summer shoe again. I say summer because I have found a winter shoe that I trust and that is comfortable and cheaper, which I wont be changing from.
Winter - I would not wear these shoes in winter for 2 reasons, the first is they have a low profile sole and so the shoe would get very dirty with mud (cant have that!) and second the grip in really soft ground might not be enough. Dont know because I havent tested that, but its my impression.

You can have a look at them here: http://shopeu.ecco.com/uk/en/ecco/ecco-men-s-street-evo-one_2880986/2881405?navId=205

In terms of the actual day that was hosted by Ecco, that was also outstanding. We met and played with the Ecco Marketing Manager, Jesper (from Denmark, a former tour pro and a heck of a nice guy) on the marvelous Centurion Golf Course. The golf was not too bad for a change (my second time on Centurion and its a course that I find generous off the tee...maybe not the first tee where I hooked my drive just passed the green on the second hole...enough about that)

Jesper from Ecco and Paul from Golf Monthly were great hosts and the day was just great fun, they spoilt us with the shoes, breakfast, golf, lunch...thank you very much!

Final point on the shoes...I honestly dont think there is a shoe on the market that is more comfortable than the Ecco Bioms (even more comfie than my streets)...for me the best summer golf shoe available. Expensive, but awesome! Try them out

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I must say the same about the day as it was really fantastic (thank you Ecco and Golf Monthly ) and if anyone gets the chance to play Centurion or is reluctant to put your name in the hat for GM opportunity make sure you do, you will not be disappointed :)

Anyway my opinion of Ecco Biom spikes less shoes:

I can honestly say these are the best shoes I've ever had. I wore them for the first time on a fairly warm and dry day, stuck behind an excruciatingly slow competition. After a hot and tiring 5 hours I finally made it back to the club house. Whilst my feet were starting to ache slightly they didn't hurt or rub; my feet were probably just getting used to them, which I expected. The only problem from them was the red dye inside the shoes stained my socks. This issue with the dye soon stopped and my initial disappointment with this problem ended.

The shoes became even more comfortable the more I wore them. I tested them out on a few dew-filled Autumn mornings and they were great. I even wore them the morning after a total deluge the previous night and although the ground was soaked the shoes performed admirably. There were no comedy slips and the grip was brilliant. They clean up easily and look really smart off the golf course (if you’re my age; the juniors at my club probably wouldn’t be seen dead in these although they have assured me they look 'sick').

The Ecco golf shoes have moved on leaps and bounds since my first pair and the brand seems to have finally shaken off their ‘fogey’ status from my younger days...or maybe I've just got older...either way I can't fault them, they're so comfortable, fit fantastic and provide traction for the most demanding of golf course conditions. Honestly if you after a pair of premium of golf shoes do not overlook the BIOM range they really are that good. That good my other half is planning to invest in a pair too.

Last edited: