EC261/2004

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
EasyJet are having major problems at present with flight cancellations invariably blaming ATC issues.

We were advised less than 5 hours before departure that our flight had been cancelled blaming STC and staff out of hours.

I do not want or involve these “flight delay companies’ that take around 40% commission.

Undecided whether to use Small Claims Court, ADR who apparently take up to 12 months or ask Which.

Has anybody hd any practical,suggestions as to the best way to try and recoup money which is owed?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
EasyJet are having major problems at present with flight cancellations invariably blaming ATC issues.

We were advised less than 5 hours before departure that our flight had been cancelled blaming STC and staff out of hours.

I do not want or involve these “flight delay companies’ that take around 40% commission.

Undecided whether to use Small Claims Court, ADR who apparently take up to 12 months or ask Which.

Has anybody hd any practical,suggestions as to the best way to try and recoup money which is owed?
Your travel insurance company?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
If you paid by credit card, claim back via your card. That’s what the daughter did when Covid stopped her visiting us. You’ll get it back quicker. However, I’m not sure how that fits in with the process for compensation, if you’re looking at going down that route.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I claimed for being stuck at an airport years ago coming back from holiday I just contacting the air line until they paid up

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Easyjet have a refund/claim page on their website, when they cancelled on us last year we got all por money back plus £400 compensation with no hassle

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I had the misfortune to travel with Wizzair last year. They cancelled a flight back from Poznan as we were jumping in a taxi to the airport. We got to the airport and booked a flight with them the following day. They then put the fight back three hours then 2 1/2 hrs then 3 1/2. Eventually we got back to Luton nearly four hours late. They have been absolute twazzocks through all of this. ADR, I have gone through them because Wizzair keep saying we have no claim but cannot say why. ADR have been very slow and I get the impression they are snowed under with work.
For gods sake avoid Wizzair.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We were delayed a few years ago coming back from Jamaica and used the Resolver tool which can be found from the Money Saving Expert site. Easy to use and got the full compensation, no fees involved.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I am regular to the Wizzair site on Facebook. They are horrendous. A lot of people have gone down the CCJ ( county court judgement) route and been successful.