E caddy

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
I recently played the Rickg memorial match at Coventry gc,and as I need a buggy to get round I found myself sitting upon what can only be described as a top notch golf buggy.
It is a trike that looks more like a motor bike than golf buggy,and has a performance that is way way faster than any buggy I have driven .The bag is situated behind the drivers position and the model I drove also had a cool box fitted. It has three speed settings that are easily set and it is just a twist and go throttle to get you underway .The top speed is reputed to be thirty mph which I just had to find out was true or not ,and I can safely say it is very true.
The features of the e caddy include disc brakes on the front single wheel and drums on the rear it has a headlight and break lights along with indicators making the e caddy road legal .Its handling was very good and the breaks stopped it quite easily. It also has a reverse gear and a horn should you need it.
Now as with most things in life there are the odd drawbacks ,firstly the strap that holds the bag to the e caddy is not really upto the job as it was very thin and the plastic clasp was broken .This was very soon sorted with a bungee,so not really an issue.secondly was the seat,this was rather small for my larger than it should be rear end and a tad hard too.I was informed by the owner that it does come with more than one seat option and that the one I was using was his very own buggy and that his rear wasn't as large as mine lol
thirdly is the twist grip to get it to go ,it's very on or off and took a little getting used to without yanking my arms out of their sockets..
Also a small thing that doesn't detract from its overall performance is the turning circle ,it's not the tightest ,but there is plenty of room on a golf course.
Overall it really is a great buggy and the small things that I pointed out are just me probably being picky but I would give it a 9 out of 10 .The price of the e caddy surprised me as it is only £1600 which is in today's market very good value .

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
one of the guys at Torvean has had one for a while, he's now got two mates with them as well, people jokingly call them the Hells Angels, well if those huys wore worn out Farrahs and 80's jumpers:LOL: they would be dead ringers:ROFLMAO:

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
They are great fun when you give them the full beans .A bit to quick for the golf course really but would be a great thing if you lived close to your course.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
one of the guys at Torvean has had one for a while, he's now got two mates with them as well, people jokingly call them the Hells Angels, well if those huys wore worn out Farrahs and 80's jumpers:LOL: they would be dead ringers:ROFLMAO:
Funny enough there are quite a few at my course that have them, and are called the the outlaws by some, one can only be described as a quad bike, big chunky off road looking thing with a seat in it, its quite funny to see them all out on the Tuesday sweep driving down the first hole hill in a line

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
The OP was kind enough to let me have a go on the e-caddy at the Rickg event and I can certainly vouch for the acceleration when you twist the grip. Also, on carts I've used before they slow down quite quickly when you take your foot of the pedal - the ecaddy doesn't, you need to use the brakes. Not a criticism, just something to get used to.

A great bit of kit, can't wait to get old!