Dunlop DDH Golf Ball

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
DDH 500 is a seriously old ball if you wanted distance it was the one to go

THe 500 tour wound and balata versions were great but sold under the Maxfli brand name then

Just do not use it it any sort of competition as it is now a non conforming ball (too many dimples).

PS DDH is dodecahedron, refers to the dimple pattern.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At this time of year I’m less fussy about what ball I use.

It’s not as if we need maximum sticking power on the greens given how soft they are.

Not sure that extends to a ddh, but using a premium ball seems like a waste of money really.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
At this time of year I’m less fussy about what ball I use.

It’s not as if we need maximum sticking power on the greens given how soft they are.

Not sure that extends to a ddh, but using a premium ball seems like a waste of money really.
At this time of the year, the time of the year when any ball coming in to land from any height above knee height plugs to a depth of two or three inches, at this time of the year when the best of shots can see a ball disappear for ever, I use old balls, very very old balls.*

*That is assuming of course that the course is open.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
So when you have a good round with a ball it must be a good ball? Haha, I've fallen into that same trap before.
There are pros and cons about this approach.
On the Con side, I believe (agree) that quality of round and the ball used are only slightly related - but...
On the Pro side, if Putting - and perhaps Chipping - works particularly well with a particular ball, then that ball is worth considering.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
DDH 500 is a seriously old ball if you wanted distance it was the one to go

THe 500 tour wound and balata versions were great but sold under the Maxfli brand name then

Just do not use it it any sort of competition as it is now a non conforming ball (too many dimples).

PS DDH is dodecahedron, refers to the dimple pattern.
Interesting to learn that, but I recall seeing Dunlop DDH wedges in the shop as well - and they weren't dodecahedron shaped.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Actually, having used some of these at £6 a dozen when I started playing a few years ago I don’t think that they are too bad. Give it a go, you may be pleasantly surprised (although blue is not a great colour to spot in the rough).

brickie

Medal Winner
Visit site
At this time of the year, the time of the year when any ball coming in to land from any height above knee height plugs to a depth of two or three inches, at this time of the year when the best of shots can see a ball disappear for ever, I use old balls, very very old balls.*

*That is assuming of course that the course is open.
Your lucky, I've never had a ball long enough for it to be an old ball?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Not as hard as a Top Flite though. You can keep your DDH. I prefer a Mollitor or a Pinnacle Gold.

Ahh the good old Molitor lol!!
My mate Ray Taylor used them all the time, but then discovered "Nitro's".... even bigger lol!!
I always used to chuckle when he declared he was playing a Nitro 3 as his provisional. Don't know why, but it just sounded funny.
So did the ball.
And where he used to end up with them normally raised a laugh too.....
:eek::eek::eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Find a stone from your garden....it'll be softer...
I have been meaning to post this picture for ages. Has anybody seen one of these balls before? The stone and ball are side by side so that the sizes can be compared. The stone was found in a bunker at Dartmouth Golf and CC a coupe of years ago. It was sat next to my ball. The ball in the picture was not mine by the way.

Attachments

• IMG_1520.JPG
    IMG_1520.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 15