Dunlop DDH Golf Ball

Diamond

Visit site
Nine 2nd hand multi coloured golf balls arrived today from eBay (Ordered before lockdown when the weather was icey)
One of them is blue and a Dunlop DDH. As I am bored and won’t get the chance to use it any time soon does anyone have any experience with these balls and what your opinion of them is. I am a very high handicapper and Tend to play with soft Srixons, Callaway soft or the odd Wilson Staff.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
My first set of golf clubs were a package set of Dunlop DDH! Class! (probably not really but I loved them)

If its the circa 2010 DDH ball it'll be something close to a slazenger of modern times Id imagine!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
DDH name has been used for different balls in Dunlop's range over the (many) years.
These days (and when I used them - in 1990s from memory) it's a low-tech distance oriented rock!
Srixon Distance achieves 'similar' with 'a lot more feel' - for me at least.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
DDH name has been used for different balls in Dunlop's range over the (many) years.
These days (and when I used them - in 1990s from memory) it's a low-tech distance oriented rock!
Srixon Distance achieves 'similar' with 'a lot more feel' - for me at least.

I played about a month ago lost a ball and pulled out a Srixon distance. Hit it with me driver and I thought I had broke me wrists. It sounded like I had hit a cricket ball. That’s not happening again.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I found one when out playing a couple of weeks ago, and having lost the ball I was playing, popped the DDH on the tee.

It went a long way, as others have said, it was something like a pebble, however, I at least have something positive to say about it.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I played about a month ago lost a ball and pulled out a Srixon distance. Hit it with me driver and I thought I had broke me wrists. It sounded like I had hit a cricket ball. That’s not happening again.
Certainly not the feel I get with them, though covered by the last 4 words of my post. The weird ball, for me, in the Srixon range, is (was) the AD333 Soft Feel...Noticeably shorter with Driver; 1 to 2 clubs longer with irons; horrible to putt with!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Certainly not the feel I get with them, though covered by the last 4 words of my post. The weird ball, for me, in the Srixon range, is (was) the AD333 Soft Feel...Noticeably shorter with Driver; 1 to 2 clubs longer with irons; horrible to putt with!
That's two different balls.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
At the moment me head is all over the place with balls. My usual ball was Ad 333 especially the tour. I then went onto Trusoft. Then I had a very good round with a Pro V1 so stuck with them for a bit. Then I found a Mizuno. I had already given a few away and gave it a go. Don’t ask me why but I now love the Mizuno ( 566 I think). Lovely ball off the face and when I hit it well It really does go well. It really is a good all round ball.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
At the moment me head is all over the place with balls. My usual ball was Ad 333 especially the tour. I then went onto Trusoft. Then I had a very good round with a Pro V1 so stuck with them for a bit. Then I found a Mizuno. I had already given a few away and gave it a go. Don’t ask me why but I now love the Mizuno ( 566 I think). Lovely ball off the face and when I hit it well It really does go well. It really is a good all round ball.
So when you have a good round with a ball it must be a good ball? Haha, I've fallen into that same trap before.