Dunbar GC

Big85

Visit site
We had a few days away in Scotland last June and played dunbar. Unreal golf course. We absolutely loved it and have rebooked to play there again this year. Amazing place and highly recommend to anyone who is thinking of going to play there

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Played there for the first time over thirty years ago. It was so windy, we had to walk in after 12 or 13 holes as you could hardly stand up in it.
Loved the course so much, despite the wind, that we cancelled where we were due to play on the Friday and went back there .
Lovely course...

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Played there for the first time over thirty years ago. It was so windy, we had to walk in after 12 or 13 holes as you could hardly stand up in it.
Loved the course so much, despite the wind, that we cancelled where we were due to play on the Friday and went back there .
Lovely course...

Windier than that day at Cooden ?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This is all very well, but every American golfer visiting the UK will now add it to their list and mean that us poor English holidaymakers will either not be able to get on or be priced out for ever.
We should allow them into open Rota courses only. Like a kind of golf reservation. I understand that's a concept they are familiar with.
/s
... kind of

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This is all very well, but every American golfer visiting the UK will now add it to their list and mean that us poor English holidaymakers will either not be able to get on or be priced out for ever.
We should allow them into open Rota courses only. Like a kind of golf reservation. I understand that's a concept they are familiar with.
/s
... kind of
Ridiculous. What about the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Dunbar is actually still underrated in golf terms for me. Its a very good test and always super condition.

If you relate Dunbar to the top 100 then you really have to question who can honestly rate the Castle Course at St Andrews ahead of it???

Madness. Brilliant course and will be sensational when they get the new clubhouse built. Finishing on the old first hole will be brilliant in a medal as it's a great birdie chance - wind permitting.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Played Dunbar last October. Terrific track, especially the holes running back in along the sea. Just think it’s a shame about the views of the concrete works and the nuclear power station around the halfway mark. Has no bearing on playing the course though, which was in excellent nick. We played it on a reciprocal, excellent value.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played Dunbar last October. Terrific track, especially the holes running back in along the sea. Just think it’s a shame about the views of the concrete works and the nuclear power station around the halfway mark. Has no bearing on playing the course though, which was in excellent nick. We played it on a reciprocal, excellent value.
i really like Dunbar, all the holes after the wall are good, the two par 5st to start let it down a bit but 3rd is a great par 3. i understand they are going to do a big redevelopment. and changing some of the course?

evemccc

Visit site
i really like Dunbar, all the holes after the wall are good, the two par 5st to start let it down a bit but 3rd is a great par 3. i understand they are going to do a big redevelopment. and changing some of the course?

In all honesty, IMO I didn’t think the holes the other side of the wall were a let down at all - I’ve played it only once but the two par 5s are decently bunkered (in my memory) which makes them interesting, and the downhill par 3 third hole was great

Super course