Dry golf

D

Deleted member 25172

Played Princes just last weekend. Fairways were in fantastic condition for this time of year I’d say, and dry. The greens were not good though as the had been hollow tined and sanded. Still worth the money I paid though.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been on mats since middle October - even played the Kent Union Winter Trials off them 2 weeks ago.

Smashed and sanded all the fairways as they were so bad this year after last year’s summer. Can’t be bothered to post the link bit it’s at top of the home page on the website.....

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Been on mats since middle October - even played the Kent Union Winter Trials off them 2 weeks ago.

Smashed and sanded all the fairways as they were so bad this year after last year’s summer. Can’t be bothered to post the link bit it’s at top of the home page on the website.....

Fair do's, first time I've ever seen it and I play there most winters living only 15 miles away

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Depends on how much you're willing to spend on a green fee,

Lydd have always had a good twilight deal of less than £20
North Foreland is a lovely course
Walmer and Kingsdown I've not played yet, but heard good things.
Kings Hill is the driest inland course I've played
Princes/Littlestone/Rye/Cinque Ports/Royal St. Georges bit more expensive, personally littlestone is my least favourite out of these just because for the money I'd play princes/cinque ports/RSG over it. Rye is difficult and snobby, and RSG is too stuffy for my liking.

D

Deleted member 21258

West Sussex is a heathland course, so assume it would be dry underfoot. However mainly a 2 ball course iirc. A nice enough course.