Driving Issues

Martyboy83

Visit site
Hello fellow golf nuts ,

I hope i can get some feedback as to some problems im having with my driving .

My ball flight is very high and whilst im averaging 260-270yards , there is no run out , even with the draw that i hit .

Im wondering if there are any shafts you would recommend . I was told that a good idea would be to pick a shaft and actually get it cut at the bottom to stiffen the impact point , but again unsure .

Any feedback greatly appreciated .

Titliest D2 907 8.5
Tiltiest 904F 15Deg

Mizuno MP60 3-P
Mizuno TP10 quad cut 54Deg
Mizuno TP10 quad cut 60Deg

Yes Caroline
Pro V1x

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If the ball is coming in too high, you may be losing some run. There is an optimal landing angle which was described in some American golf magazines recently:

http://www.qualitygolfstats.com/optimalflight.html

The 907 is a somewhat spinny head, so you may be losing a few yards in the air too.

I would recommend getting to a good fitter and letting them have a look. Where are you located?

griffgolf

Head Pro
Visit site
How long is a piece of string??

I hit a high ball and have tried many drivers shaft combinations.

A cheaper way I tried and worked is a Ping G5 7.5 degree with a Aldila NV 75 stiff shaft.

I had a Titleist 909d3 8.5 degree with a Rombax 7Z08 stiff shaft fitted and worked really well but very expensive.

I currently have a TM R9 8.5 degree fitted with a Diamana Whiteboard 73 Stiff shaft but again very expensive.

To be totally honest though I have an Old Nike Sasquatch 8.5 degree fitted with a Proforce V2 86 gram Stiff shaft and I always seem to go back and favour that because it feels and looks great at address, fills me full of confidence and that is half the battle but it flies a bit higher and lose a little distance but I hit more fairways with it.

Hope this helps

Cheers

griffgolf