Driver upgrade

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve got an R15, thinking about Xmas presents, is something like a G425 / SIM Max (2021 models) going to give me something I haven’t already got?

Might wait for the new releases, current models not at any meaningful discount at the moment so no harm in seeing what’s next.

Being honest, even if it’s 50:50 on whether it offers something, or even if most say it won’t, I’ll probably get one anyway ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Were you fitted for the R15?
If not then there should be some decent gains to be had.
If you were then you could still get decent gains - more from off centre hits rather than out of the middle.
Sound and feel may be more to your liking as well - quite a few people (me included) are not fans of the sound of the G425..others love it.
As I've said on several occasions..if you can handle the sound, the G425 is one of the best out there for the average golfer.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went from R9 to M4 and never regretted it however I di have a minor fling with a Sim that lasted 2 rounds.

I have a G425 3 wood and the noise is something else. The Ping fitter even said to me "are you happy with the sound" having taken my M1 3 wood to the fitting.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
? thanks everyone

I wasn’t exactly fitted for the R15. I was fitted for a RBZ 2 at a GM day, and I’ve hung on to the shaft and swapped in a R15 head.

Shaft is an Ozik matrix white tie.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I had a driver fitting last week. Comparing against my current driver which is 5 years old and was also fitted I ended up in a Tsi2.

On average I was 20 yards up on carry and dispersion was roughly half I would say. Results were achieved with a 1/2 inch shorter shaft too.

Imurg

Visit site
I had a driver fitting last week. Comparing against my current driver which is 5 years old and was also fitted I ended up in a Tsi2.

On average I was 20 yards up on carry and dispersion was roughly half I would say. Results were achieved with a 1/2 inch shorter shaft too.
You still using that Fusion?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
You still using that Fusion?

Yeah. To be fair, I still think a good hit on it is good. Working quite hard on the swing, so the sensible thing to do is wait until that’s a bit more consistent before changing. But then, it was about as good a fitting as money can buy so I’m sure it would still be worth it.

You can buy it if you like, gives me more incentive to buy the new one.

Imurg

Visit site
Yeah. To be fair, I still think a good hit on it is good. Working quite hard on the swing, so the sensible thing to do is wait until that’s a bit more consistent before changing. But then, it was about as good a fitting as money can buy so I’m sure it would still be worth it.

You can buy it if you like, gives me more incentive to buy the new one.
Ta but my 815 is going quite nicely at the moment..even though its older than yours:cool: