driver shaft

elliottlale

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
ok, so having a few issues of late.
i CAN hit my driver well......at times. i hit my 3 wood well most of the time. i have a stiff flex driver and reg flex 3 wood. could my inconsistency with the driver (draw bias) be due to the stiff shaft. my bad shots are generally a slice, but since a grip change more out to the right.
both my 3 hybrid and 3 wood are Reg and i hit them both pretty well both off the deck and the tee.
i know its quite vague, but any further info will help.
cant really post up video for a while

i should add, that my normal drive is a fade or straight. it is NEVER a draw

Last edited:

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I am reading this correctly you are saying that you have regular shafts in your 3-wood and hybrid, but a stiff shaft in your driver. You hit the 3-wood and rescue well but struggle with your driver. I think the answer is obvious. Have you tried that driver with a regular shaft? the other thing to remember is hte driver is hte hardest club to hit consistently well. So are you expecting too much with regards to hitting the driver consistently? See if you can get a go with a regular shafted driver and see how it goes.

D

Deleted Member 1156

It's impossible to say really because there are no standards when it comes to shaft flex. The regular shaft in your 3 wood could be quite a 'firm' regular shaft and the stiff shaft in your driver quite soft, end result is virtually the same flex. Or they could be at opposite ends of the flex range and therefore miles apart.

I would advise that you book an appt with a decent clubfitter and get measured, he can look at both clubs, compare the flex frequencies (good clubfitters refer to frequency not flex) then recommend the correct shaft for you. The whole thing will vary in price depending on the recommended shaft but if you like your current driver head then you might be looking at something in the region of £100 for fitting and replacing the shaft in your driver with a mid price shaft.

Good luck :thup: