driver help!!!

lynchy76

Club Champion
Visit site
Hello, I keep slicing the ball when I use a driver and would just like to know should turn your wrist over like you do when your using a iron, so the club face gets closed on impact.

cheers for any help

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
I seem to have 'cured' my awful slice just by ensuring my stance was correct. I was aiming straight at the target, not aiming left to compensate for a slice, keeping my arms straight and swinging wide, I slowed down to a 3/4 swing, on backswing turning back to target, keeping arms wide on downswing, after impact turn chest so it faces target.

Not the prettiest drives, but the ball is going a lot straighter, and even though I'm using a 3/4 swing the ball is still going 220 - 240 yds.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hello, I keep slicing the ball when I use a driver and would just like to know should turn your wrist over like you do when your using a iron, so the club face gets closed on impact.

cheers for any help
Do you have a video of your swing?

n8dog

Club Champion
Visit site
Im not an expert, but if you are swinging well maybe your problem could be equipment related? You could try a softer flex shaft or different loft. However a tip which really helped my driving is: On your backswing use mostly shoulders and body to swing. On the backswing you should try to swing more with your shoulders and arms. Ideally this would produce more of a soft draw, it should hopefully straighten up your slice.