Driver Help

robbeh32

Visit site
Anyone help with my driver, I normally hit around the 230 - 240 yard mark that's with roll out. The thing is I'm not getting much roll out at all the ball flight looks ok then it must literally stop pretty quick. I have a few friends who hit low duffy shots and often don't look good and they can be past me or up with me because they scuttle along the ground forever. I'm told its spin loft with the ball spinning up to much. Is there any simple drills I can do to lower this spinning? Also if I'm doing it with driver am I possibly doing this with all my clubs?

Thanks

Appreciate any help.

robbeh32

Visit site
Ok cool will try, Should it feel like I have to reach for the ball then because that might feel odd but will give it a go!

Tinkerman

Visit site
Anyone help with my driver, I normally hit around the 230 - 240 yard mark that's with roll out. The thing is I'm not getting much roll out at all the ball flight looks ok then it must literally stop pretty quick. I have a few friends who hit low duffy shots and often don't look good and they can be past me or up with me because they scuttle along the ground forever. I'm told its spin loft with the ball spinning up to much. Is there any simple drills I can do to lower this spinning? Also if I'm doing it with driver am I possibly doing this with all my clubs?

Thanks

Appreciate any help.
If you use a pink tee, try the next one down i.e. white. Ball flight will be a little lower but should roll out more. Shouldn't need to change your swing for that. Once it starts getting wet again and you need the carry, switch back to pink.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
If you use a pink tee, try the next one down i.e. white. Ball flight will be a little lower but should roll out more. Shouldn't need to change your swing for that. Once it starts getting wet again and you need the carry, switch back to pink.

I usually use Pink tees, but I'm finding I'm skying a few drives with my new driver. My ball positioning hasn't changed, and I don't think my swing is any steeper, so I've just ordered some white tees to try to help out. I can always raise them up a tad if the results don't match my expectations. Much easier to do that than try to push the pink ones down into the ground past the "shoulder"......;)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I usually use Pink tees, but I'm finding I'm skying a few drives with my new driver. My ball positioning hasn't changed, and I don't think my swing is any steeper, so I've just ordered some white tees to try to help out. I can always raise them up a tad if the results don't match my expectations. Much easier to do that than try to push the pink ones down into the ground past the "shoulder"......;)
Problem with teeing lower is the loft on the bottom of the club is lower than the middle due to the bulge and roll.
This causes you to start hitting down on the ball.
Drivers are designed to hit up on it but that’s difficult to do if it’s teed up to low.

Is the face of your new driver shallower than your old one ?
That might be why.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Thanks

Appreciate any help.
You have to remember we have had the most rain in May since records began so a nice high shot will stop.
The water table is sky high.
Courses are very lush and green.

Scruffy low ones will always run a lot.
I know which one I would like to hit.

robbeh32

Visit site
You have to remember we have had the most rain in May since records began so a nice high shot will stop.
The water table is sky high.
Courses are very lush and green.

Scruffy low ones will always run a lot.
I know which one I would like to hit.

Yer thanks and I know what you mean but it feels like I'm not getting much roll out at all if any. So every little helps if I can gain 10 yards or so would be nice. I still haven't played yet since Bob's advice but will update once I have!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You may be hitting down too much which will create high spin rates. Tee it high but add some side tilt away from the ball in your setup, this will allow you to hit up more and achieve a high launch angle without high spin rates.

Tinkerman

Visit site
Yer I guess so will try doing what Bob suggested Tee it further forward and try to hit up on it. Will find out soon enough!
Try some spine tilt away from the ball to help you hit up on it and make sure you have a good takeaway for the first two feet keeping the club head low (almost like you're sweeping a brush back) so that you don't end up with a steep swing. A few things there so might be worth trying on the range first. Good luck!