Driver Fitting

bignev

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I keep hearing about getting fitted with a driver but wonder how this can help a high handicapper with an inconsistent swing.
is it worth the money.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I keep hearing about getting fitted with a driver but wonder how this can help a high handicapper with an inconsistent swing.
is it worth the money.

Depends how you define "Worth it"?

If worth it to you is having a modicum of confidence that what you're swinging is better 'fit' than something bought "Off the shelf" then yes, it's worth it.

If (Which you're not) expect it to have you driving the ball like Dustin Johnson, then no, it's not worth it.

The thing with C/F is you get out of it what you put in. If you come away more confident you have the correct club, then that's no bad thing.

When I was 'fitted' (.... read as hit balls with my pro then changing shafts) for my Callaway V-Series I knew when I came away that I had something better than what I went with (Titleist 910D2).

Folk on here know how much I loved my 910 which I brought in 2010 and it took 6 years to find something better.

You say you have an inconsistent swing, but I'll wager that your swing speed and tempo aren't that different, just the face and the path (Where the ball goes) vary from swing to swing.

Obviously lessons are the quickest route to improvement and I'll always recommend lessons over equipment changes.

In short, it's your £££ and if you feel it could benefit you, then it's worth it as you'll be more confident with the club..