Driver emergency

oleday

Hacker
Visit site
My much beloved Cleveland hibore 10.5 reg has developed a crack high on the face.

The local pro shop has a cobra S2 and a Cleveland DST for £99.99,need one in a hurry.

This time of year distances are:
Decent hit 220 yards
Good hit 240

I hit the ball very high, largely straight with the odd uncommitted block lobbed in for good measure.

Any advice on which one for a lower boring flight please.

oleday

Hacker
Visit site
Going to be difficult.

Winter league match on Sunday 8:30 am. Trying to fit in a practice round on Saturday ( have not played for two weeks). Have to tee off around 9am on the Saturday to avoid the Saturday winter league so need to pick it up before 9am and I can't get there in the week.

oleday

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

I will certainly ask the pro if he is about but I might end up having to buy blind. If I really cannot get on with it I should only lose about £35 on resale.

The pro may have a demo club I can borrow for the weekend.

Is anyone using the DST or S2 and how do they get on with it?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Surely the shaft is the more important thing than the clubhead? Phone your pro, assuming he knows your game he should be able to spec the best shaft he has for you and what options of clubhead, though ideally he'll have a demo or 2 you can try

oleday

Hacker
Visit site
"Surely the shaft is the more important thing than the clubhead? Phone your pro, assuming he knows your game he should be able to spec the best shaft he has for you and what options of clubhead, though ideally he'll have a demo or 2 you can try "

Dead right about the shaft. Last time I was fitted I was borderline reg/stiff. Took the reg because it felt much nicer

As there is no across the board standard for staff flex does any body know the relative flex for the diamana red 46 and the Fujikura Fit-on Max?