drill for turning the hands over

Grumps

Tour Rookie
Visit site
has anyone got a drill so i can practice turning my hands over when i swing the big boys as i seem to be ok with the iron shots but when i swing with a wood it heads straight right ?.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it goes straight right. you are hitting in to out with a square clubface. Just move the ball abit forward in your stance. As you are hitting before the club has squared up to the target line. Also check your shoulders are not closed at address. Think that might help.

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you are pushing the ball right then you are either hitting the ball in to out with an open clubface, or, you are hitting the ball with a square swingpath and a square clubface but with your alignment pointing right.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I once saw a pro who advised trying to finish your swing by horizontal in the through-swing (as a drill, natch, not a full time swing tip). When the brain has a target like that in the subconcious it makes sure it finishes everything in time.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Split hands (same grip essentially), tee in the butt of the club. Easy (3/4) swings concentrating on getting that tee pointing down to the ground at 9 and 3 o'clock.

Straight right is a great shot.....it's tantalisingly close to a draw.

You could always tweak your grip a little with the driver.