Dreaded Sway!

robbie2463

Visit site
Hi
Have had this problem this last 3 years,cannot seem to cure it.I keep telling myself to turn not slide but it keeps creaping back in again, making my golf inconsistant.Handicap has gone from 19 to 26 its killing me. Any help on this i would be gratefull.

Regards
Rob

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
To cure a sway, think of the weight being on the inside of your back foot at the top of your backswing and the inside of your forward foot at the end of the swing.
Be careful you dont go too far with the cure or you will end up with a reverse pivot.
Hope this helps :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have had the dreaded sways but have been working really hard for the last few weeks to change. I'm focussing on keeping the weight inside my right foot and making a good body turn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwy-K0By1MI

Ive been borrowing one of these from my pro and putting it on the outside of the right foot to stop the weight moving across

http://www.perfectmygolf.co.uk/acatalog/Short_Game_Balance_Rod.html

You can see the progress I've made from this video below which shows a classic sway.

The point is it can get better but you do need to persevere

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Hi
Have had this problem this last 3 years,cannot seem to cure it.I keep telling myself to turn not slide but it keeps creaping back in again, making my golf inconsistant.Handicap has gone from 19 to 26 its killing me. Any help on this i would be gratefull.

Regards
Rob

You feel like you are swaying (upper body) or sliding (hips)?

robbie2463

Visit site
Hi

Regards
Rob

You feel like you are swaying (upper body) or sliding (hips)?
The sliding hips

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
There's nothing wrong with hips sliding a little towards the target on the way down.

On the way back you should feel like your right hip turns LEFT as it goes round behind you. Think of your right hip occupying the space that your back pocket was just in.

Hope this helps.