Dorset Golf and Country Club?

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all

A friend has booked us for a weekend there. Anyone stayed or played there? If so what’s it like?

C

D-S

Visit site
Lodges are great, food is ok/average, bar is ok, bit soulless. One of the 9’s is incredibly fiddly but the other two are really decent. Overall not bad as it is generally well priced.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Went there last year and will be returning later in the year. I thought the food was excellent. I stayed in the hotel but other were in a lodge which was a great place to have post dinner wine etc.

Enjoyed the courses, the Woodland course is quite tight but the other two are more open.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Woodland course was the original 9 hole course and is very different to the other 18. The 'new' course was originally called the Lakeland course and the name describes some of the holes it is generally a lot more open than the Woodland 9 .

When you are playing 18 now it can be any mix of the 3 9s.

Overall I think it is good course. You could put 3 of some our greens on some of the greens on the newer part. So putts can be very long.

One of the places that greatly expanded in the late 80s /90s to accommodate the golf boom and at one time had the biggest proshop in the county with an excellent club fitting room.

A little bit about DSs comments bar/lounge/ dining area is so big it can feel a bit like that.

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the responses.

Sounds like it will be good for us then. We have a lodge so we will be quite happy to be back there for some cards to have a break from the bar.