Does anybody have an iTouch that can help me with synching some vids?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Re: Does anybody have an iTouch that can help me with synching some vi

it is probably either a format issue - check the format is one acceptable to the Touch, or you haven't checked the right boxes for what you want to sync.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Any clues, Smiffy?

Ive got an iPhone and sync vids...what's the problem exactly?

Well I downloaded some vids from YouTube using a programme that a mate of mine uses which automatically converts them into a format that the ipod will recognise and play. I have managed to transfer them into my iTunes library but when I connect my iTouch they won't synch, despite being "ticked". I double checked that they had been converted to the right format by using the re-formatting tool within iTunes itself, and as my friend suggested, I have now got two of each video showing in my library. But when I try to drag and drop the file into the ipod I get a symbol coming up that looks like an NSL motorway sign (does that make sense)..like a "no entry" sign in a way. I've tried it loads of times but it just won't allow me to drag and drop the file.
Any ideas?
Hope that all makes sense 'cos I'm new at all this...

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Smiffy,

I don't think you can drag and drop vids like you can tunes. I can't on my iPhone, so I have to do a full sync.

My mate has the iPhone (which is similar in many ways to the iTouch) and he says you should be able to drag and drop.
My iTouch automatically synchs everything when I plug it into the PC and it connects with iTunes anyway, but even though I have the video files ticked, it still doesn't synch up with them.
Thanks for your response but I'm really puzzled by this.
Rob