Direct Golf Delivery Services

Craggles89

Assistant Pro
Visit site
***Long Rant Alert***

Now I'm normally a big fan of Direct golf, not having any bad experiences with them, but today I do feel a bit piffed.

After calling my local store to see if they have some particular clubs in stock for me to try out, they tell me they will get them in from head office and call me back. A week later I call them and ask if its in yet, for them to say there was no request made to Head office for these clubs and they wont be requesting any more until the end of the month.

So I took a chance on line and (taking advantage of their 20% off deal) ordered myself a new 3 wood. First of all, the website wouldn't accept my card details - ok, nothing to get worked up about, I'm a pretty laid back guy. So I called their Telesales team, and placed my order with a friendly gentleman who assured me if I selected their free postage service it would be delivered by Wednesday or Thursday this week, as I ordered it last Friday (3-5 working days) at worse. Perfect, I thought, even 5 working days would see it here by Friday.

Wednesday this week I received the 'Your order has been despatched' email and a tracking number for Parcelforce, and upon checking, the status being “Advised”. So I have been checking that with baited breath the last two days for it to be delivered, with no avail.

So I today called Parcelforce to see if I could get an update, and in a nutshell they told me that this status means they have been advised by Direct Golf that a parcel is on its way to them, but they haven’t received it.
So I proceed to call Direct Golf to see if they have sent it to Parcelforce, and I proceed to listen to a man, I assume, reading from a script, very eager to tell me that they have sent out over 1500 parcels this week and Parcelforce have lost them and are not admitting fault. It’s an issue they are dealing with internally and offered me a refund. Being laid back, I said I understand sometimes these things can happen but they are contradicting arguments, I just want my club I have paid for. His response was to keep my fingers crossed it came tomorrow.
Now I don’t know what to do?!

Its evident I won’t be receiving my club for this weekend, what would you guys do?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Sit it out
Give it until Monday then ask for a refund.
Not encouraging from DG, especially in the light of the other thread...

Craggles89

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sit it out
Give it until Monday then ask for a refund.
Not encouraging from DG, especially in the light of the other thread...

Thats how I ended our conversation saying I will give it until Monday and then I'll request a refund, let them locate their mystical product themselves
Gutted as playing a lovely new course on Sunday and would have loved my new shiney there with me

jontymo

Hacker
Visit site
I ended up cancelling my order after waiting over a month for 1 part of the order to arrive, being fair to DG they did stay in contact although not regularly. They made up by having the 20% sale, so got my new G25's for under £280 so alls good.

coxy17

Hacker
Visit site
Sorry to the bearer of bad news but i work for a big retail company who use parcel force and we do have these instances where the parcel is showing as advised, they is right in what he is saying that the parcel has been booked on with parcleforce and parcleforce are awaiting to collect the order from direct golf.

now here is the frustrating part in between getting the order from the warehouse and packing it and put on the van and delivered to the nearest sorting office your parcel has got lost.

Where i work if we get any of these we just resend the order has 9/10 you are not finding the order, it baffles me where they go it seems to be some black holes of parcels but they get lost.

I take it direct golf are out of stock if not get them to resend the order as your contract is with them not parcleforce as they need to make the claim with parcel force not you.