DIGITAL electric golf trolley

beccles

Visit site
i recently bought one of these off EBAY. It goes ok on test, seems a little idiosyncratic on the course & ending up pushing or pulling it quite a bit, which wasn't fun with the temperature around 85F!.. Does anyone know who makes these trollies - is DIGITAL the maker's name? Is anyone familiar with their trollies?

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
i recently bought one of these off EBAY. It goes ok on test, seems a little idiosyncratic on the course & ending up pushing or pulling it quite a bit, which wasn't fun with the temperature around 85F!.. Does anyone know who makes these trollies - is DIGITAL the maker's name? Is anyone familiar with their trollies?

Loose connection ??

never heard of Digital as a manufacturer, where are you as i have a friend whose business is servicing/repairing electric golf trollies, if you were local to me he could look at it for you.

beccles

Visit site
I though Digital was the type of motor in them...

tbh i thought it was a description of the type of display.. but this trolley has no other indication of make.. the motor is a LINIX 200W (def LINIX and not LINUX) - It has the word DIGITAL on the display..

beccles

Visit site
Loose connection ??

never heard of Digital as a manufacturer, where are you as i have a friend whose business is servicing/repairing electric golf trollies, if you were local to me he could look at it for you.

in Windsor, Berkshire.. there's a guy not far, in Wokingham, who deals in electric trollies, but he never answers the phone.. When i used the trolley on the course the thing that confused me was it appeared to keep going off, so i was pushing the power button again. I've been testing it in the garden (much to then bemusement of neighbours who think i've discovered a silent
lawnmower that isn't actually very good at cutting grass :) ) and have noted that after a while the display does go out, but the trolley is still on, and works - so by pushing the power button i might actually have been turning it off instead of on, though pushing it twice didn't result in the lights coming back on.. I don't know if this is meant to happen (lights going out after a while), and it was made more difficult to know exactly what was going on by the display being almost impossible to see in the bright sunlight. I may give it another go on the course before running it off the end of the pier!! (actually if my golf doesn't get any better the clubs may go with it! ;-) )

beccles

Visit site
ok.. been conducting further tests in the garden. it runs fine without the clubs on. I put the clubs on and this is what happens, as on the course, so i think it's a battery/charger problem. The display has 3 lights, left to right 1. colour unknown, never seen it on. 2. yellow. 3. red. i think these must be battery status indicators. Here are the symptoms:
when carrying extra weight of clubs:
When you first turn on you get yellow & red lights.
Runs for a while then suddenly stops, speed display goes to zero, yellow light goes out, red light flashes. The display is still lit up but the trolley won't restart & speed indicator stays on zero. If i switch it off it won't switch on again at the switch - the only way to get it to come on again is to disconnect and reconnect the power lead. Then it repeats the whole cycle as above.
i'm trying a different charger overnight - will have another go tomorrow...

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't recognize it, but batteries are well known for failing especially under a heavy weight, a very odd time its the charger , so try it with a borrowed battery first.:thup:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
probs battery, I bet its been sitting in a warehouse for ages and the battery is shot or a return. I am assuming it was fairly cheap aswell.

It could be dodgy connection somewhere draining battery aswell. I personally would bdo as above and borrow a known working battery off a mate if possible. Failing that take it somewhere for a health check.

Hopefully it was cheap enough to offset the cost of a new battery and still be cheaper than a more expensive 'branded' trolley.

G

guest100718

I have yet to see a cheap golf trolley that is any good. Buy cheap buy twice with those things.