Did anyone watch Electric Dreams on Beeb Four?

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
On earlier this week. Featuring a modern family being taken back to the 80's. But more importantly it's electronics and gadgets.

I was in fits of embarrasment and recolction of it all. ZX81's, Spectrums, BBC B's, Vic 20's, Com 64', VHS , Betamax, independat video rental stores, small electronic handheld games, hi-fi's, C5's microwaves, electonic keyboards, video cameras. Most of which we didn't have.But amongest my mates and I. I think we had every bit of kit that was featured. It was a trip down memory lane from that era.

Oh how things have changed. Who'd of thought 30 years ago that I could have a disagreement with people I've never meet, or really ever likely too, over the 'internet' on a computer! Let alone run a business through it!

Where next?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I saw it. I was amazed at how poorly the equiment performed and that it was normal to service a TV every 6 months (I guess a lot of people still rented). The computer was hilarious taking forever to programme to finally get a very basic racing game.

I'm looking forward to the 90's next week to see how things have moved on in a decade. We know about mobiles coming down from bricks to tiny things but I wonder what else will feature