Did anyone see PGA Tour on Sky last night?

PPE

Head Pro
Visit site
Did you see about 25mins in they had Joe Miller the 2010 Long Drive Champion?

Good god this man hit a golf ball!! Here are his stats:-

Driver - XXS shaft and 4degrees of loft!!!!
Club head Speed - 150mph
Ball Speed - 225mph
Driver distance - 416yrds!

Joe was hitting balls into the simulator last night with Dennis Pugh and managed to get to 390yrds, and was hitting a nice little draw too!!

Joe is 6ft 4" and is a big lad (if he says you owe him £10, you give it him!), he takes on board 6000 calories every day!!! and works out 5 days a week mostly doing weights for his power, but I would have thought that he would have done a mix of weights and flexibility/core work?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I saw him doing a demo at Golf LIve at the London Club last year and he was awesome!

He was hitting a wedge further than I can hit my driver

Chris

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Did you see about 25mins in they had Joe Miller the 2010 Long Drive Champion?

Good god this man hit a golf ball!! Here are his stats:-

Driver - XXS shaft and 4degrees of loft!!!!
Club head Speed - 150mph
Ball Speed - 225mph
Driver distance - 416yrds!

Joe was hitting balls into the simulator last night with Dennis Pugh and managed to get to 390yrds, and was hitting a nice little draw too!!

Joe is 6ft 4" and is a big lad (if he says you owe him £10, you give it him!), he takes on board 6000 calories every day!!! and works out 5 days a week mostly doing weights for his power, but I would have thought that he would have done a mix of weights and flexibility/core work?

Are you sure the driver wasnt a Ping G20 with a reg shaft???

;):0

D

Deleted member 1147

416 yds ?

He ought to read the thread about adding 20 yards to your drives.

PPE

Head Pro
Visit site
I wonder how he swings on the course when he's going for accuracy?

Obviously when he's got a 50yrd target to aim for he can give it the beans, but I wonder does he use this driver? or a standard length 8.5deg one in his bag when on the course?

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
He hit one 405 yards last night, that guy is a monster, 235 yards with a 7 iron just 4 yards behind that knob Pughs drive ,some hitting, he must be a good teacher as he has a swing like a lavvy chain,not a lover of Pugh he does haver some crap.

Mr_T

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Blimey thats far, watching that video his swing speed is incredible, surely its so fast that its susceptible to injury? In all seriousness if he plays off scratch could he not think about turning pro? I know most of the pros would be off about +5/+6 but with that length he would have a massive advantage over the rest of the field surely?

DappaDonDave

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Blimey thats far, watching that video his swing speed is incredible, surely its so fast that its susceptible to injury? In all seriousness if he plays off scratch could he not think about turning pro? I know most of the pros would be off about +5/+6 but with that length he would have a massive advantage over the rest of the field surely?

Not to mention a psychological advantage over his playing partners..."roll up roll up to see the amazing golf ball whacker guy"

Watching long drive competitions though, they aren't always the most accurate off the tee at full power.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If the guy can hit a ball over 400 yards and play off scratch where is he going wrong because the advantage would be huge as he`s target(the green)is much bigger.Must be lacking in he`s short game or this guy would be a real danger in world golf.