Decathlon

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi

Does anyone shop for golf equipment and clothing from Decathlon.

Any feedback if so? Prices look really good but have never seen/used and don’t fancy going in store at the moment

C

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have golf shoes, a gilet and a pair of trousers made by Inesis (Decathlon's golf brand), and they're all excellent quality for good prices. Their golf balls get good reviews as well, although I wasn't a big fan of the Tour 900 when I tried them. I don't know what their clubs are like, they sell a half set which is pretty good for beginners probably.

peld

Visit site
I have two pairs of their waterproof shoes which are brilliant.
Also have a couple of pairs of trousers and a top which is as good quality as other brands.
Have used all 3 of their balls, which are great value. Use the soft version the most but the distance ball is good for winter or a throwaway ball. The tour ball is hard to distinguish from a Pro V1 or similar.
Only negative is I’m Currently using their leather gloves and they are not very hard wearing. Cut up after a couple of rounds.

jamiet7682

Visit site
Ive bought trousers, polos and inesis 100 balls. Very happy with all. Balls are a bit on the hard side but for my standard of golf they do the job.

carldudley

Visit site
Yes, i have their waterproofs, a few tees and a pair of shorts

Cannot complain at all, ordered a few tees and balls from them too, they're really good.

They're extending and improving their range of clubs and balls are getting good reviews.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got one of their stand bags. It does the business. I would spray it in water proofer to give it a chance but it’s no worse than any similar spec stand bag. Baseball cap is a nice fit as well.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
They used to do really nice 100% cabretta leather gloves at really good price. But not seen any for a while so not sure if they're discontinued - now seem to do them with only the palm as leather. Worth keeping an eye out though in case the 100% come back again.

Also, their Quechua fleeces (from their hiking range) are great as golfing jumpers - esp the MH100 range

Ridgeman

Visit site
I use their tees. Bought a packet of ten October 2018 for 99p and still have the same ten. They don't break, you can't lose them. That said they are too thick for the par 3 holes.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I use their tees. Bought a packet of ten October 2018 for 99p and still have the same ten. They don't break, you can't lose them. That said they are too thick for the par 3 holes.

You got me there :unsure:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Are you feeling OK? You appear to be typing but nothing is making sense.
Don't worry, it's a forum joke about getting fitted for every bit of kit you buy. But I am confused that you can't get the tees far enough into the ground.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't worry, it's a forum joke about getting fitted for every bit of kit you buy. But I am confused that you can't get the tees far enough into the ground.
This is the reason I buy the shorter tees for all my iron/hybrid tee shots. In winter the ground can get a bit hard, but obviously the shorter the tee the easier it is to get in far enough.

Ridgeman

Visit site
Ah. New to the forum. The tee is very thick which is why they never break. If the ground is anything but very soft then there is no way it will go into the ground to the hilt of the tee. It sits at a natural driver height. I know its a bit of a long post about a 10p tee but the four ball I play with all winter now use these tees. They were bright orange now green.

One mistake I did make and won't repeat is buy a dozen of their balls. Thinking that if the tees are that good perhaps their balls will be. They most definately are not.