Custom Fitting

wackygolfer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have played golf on and off for 30 years(motherhood took me out for 12 years) I have never had a lesson but always had quite a natural swing and at the moment I play off 5. I have always had old clubs and never been fitted. Would the custom fitting really reduce my handicap significantly? or is it a lot of money for a new set when I could just carry on with the clubs I have?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If you want to get better than 5 then it may do the trick. I see from you other post that you've got and old Ping persimmon 5 wood. That has to go!! The newer clubs are far easier to hit and control.

I'd get a pro to look over your line-up. The G10 driver is ok but get the flex and lofts checked to be sure they fit your swing. The irons should be ok but at your standard some more modern Mizuno oe Titleist irons could improve the ball striking. And look at your wedges too. They've come on a long way in the last 10 years.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Great to see another lady and one that is playing so well. I'd definitely ditch the persimmon and use the new technology to help you. I've played to low single figures (all blades in my day!) and it depends on what you want. Clearly you can hit the ball well so do you want blades for maximum feel or a shallow backed club or small cavity for a bit more forgiveness.

I think if you have got to 5 with what you have there isn't that much more new clubs can really do and you will probably only shave a few more stokes off by working on your putting and short game