Custom fit wedges

Albo

Visit site
Hi all,

Has anyone had custom fit wedges? Was it worth it and did it change your game significantly?

Cheers
Yes
No
Not really.
I do currently have custom fit wedges Vokeys! Very nice.
I’d say not worth it overall but they were fit as part of my irons so helped with gapping so from that side it was worth it but independently I’d say not.
Not revolutionised my game from the fitting side specifically but I have very nice gaps now, which are useless as they don’t account for fats and thins

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I really enjoyed my wedge fitting at Precision Golf.
Helped me to see spin numbers and the like and having tried (and discounted) the Vokeys on the course from my Pro, I was happy to hear the fitter say they didn't suit me either.
They then build the wedges on site, bent the 56° to 55°, changed the swingweights, put in a non standard wedge shaft and my choice of grip.
Did it change my game significantly? Well, my bunker play is better and I'm getting more check on my chips and pitches, but I don't know if that is considered significant.
What also helps is I now with certainty that any poor shot is entirely my fault and nothing to do with the club, which is a good thing for me.
Not for everyone, and I'm not going to say it's flawless or even necessary, but I found it useful and worth the money.

FourPutt

Head Pro
Visit site
Not specifically, but I did have a fitting the other day with TaylorMade and was specced to have the same shafts in the wedges as the rest of the irons, rather than the standard wedge flex. Remains to be seen if it was worth it - will report back when I have them.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Custom fit by Nick at Tour X.
Love my wedges. Went quite a bit softer with the shaft on the wedges and 5g lighter. Don’t like hitting wedges flat out.
Was bothered by what spin numbers came out, feel and look was what I was after.

Fabia999

Visit site
interesting, heard somebody say that custom wedges are a game changer. I'm 6"3 so wondered if i could benefit from having slightly longer wedges. thanks for the replies

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

Newnsy

Visit site
haven't had a fitting as such but during a short game lesson, the Pro suggested i change my grind and bounce on my wedges due to my strike on the ball. changed my 60 degree based on his suggestion and made a massive difference.