Should I change my grip?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

wooly654

Visit site
I have always played cack handed but one thing I cannot do is use a driver. The slice is just unplayable. I have tried the normal grip but I cannot get the same distance
Any cack handed players got any advise to try and correct the slice or should I swap the grip and try and get better with that.
I have no issues playing with irons cack handed.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi there

I love the game of golf and used to play about twice a year. Within the past year though I've been playing every week and I'm loving it. I want to take my game to the next level.
I don't know why but when I stated playing, I gripped the club cross handed (cack handed). This now feels comfortable to me as it's something I'm used to.
Do you think I should change the way I grip the club in order to help my game? I hit the ball as well as the people that I play with but it's not consistent. I struggle to drive the ball well also but I feel this is down to my technique rather than my grip.
Any advice would be welcome

Have you considered keeping your hands where they are but changing the direction the club face points?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have always played cack handed but one thing I cannot do is use a driver. The slice is just unplayable. I have tried the normal grip but I cannot get the same distance
Any cack handed players got any advise to try and correct the slice or should I swap the grip and try and get better with that.
I have no issues playing with irons cack handed.
Simple if somewhat boring answer is talk to a PGA pro. They should be able to correct the grip to something more conventional and definitely fix the face to path relationship with your driver to sort the slice out.