Cross Border keying

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well...I'm at Saunton today..

The Wales Golf recognises this but the nearest course it brings up us PENNARD!!

So, it's not working yet!
You need to select the country first. I assume your app defaults to Wales. If you select England from the drop down, it may well be Ok…

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
When selecting the country it still doesn't give you a full list of courses....only gives you courses that are close by (relatively speaking that is)

You have to select the country then search for the one you want.

However...it still doesnt give you your course handicap for the course once you have selected it. Seems to be that synchronisation is slow....earlier today I couldn't search for a particular course in Scotland but now the MYEG app finds it.

wjemather

Visit site
I'm not seeing a country drop down on the Wales App.

The guy I'm playing with (from Yorkshire) can see Welsh courses on the English Golf App but can get names up for me to attest his round.
Do you have the latest version of the app?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Spooky. I messaged WG on Facebook and was told to delete and reinstall the App.

That has added the England, Scotland and Ireland menus. But I'm only seeing Welsh courses despite being in Saunton's Car Park.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Anyway. If there is a need to delete and reinstall the app, why didn't the comms say so?

If If fully requires a new version, why not force an update?

This is basic stuff.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If fully requires a new version, why not force an update?

the EG app update was available this morning in the App Store. Just manually updated it and away we go. Am sure the same would have happened with the WG app

am sure your phone would have picked it up eventually. there is always a delay with auto-updates. I manually check every other day or so though

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone know where Scotland is? I can find a few Scottish courses in the App, but they are further away than I remembered - just over 6000km from London. Don't recall going that far ...

wjemather

Visit site
Spooky. I messaged WG on Facebook and was told to delete and reinstall the App.

That has added the England, Scotland and Ireland menus. But I'm only seeing Welsh courses despite being in Saunton's Car Park.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Anyway. If there is a need to delete and reinstall the app, why didn't the comms say so?

If If fully requires a new version, why not force an update?

This is basic stuff.
The app only requires a normal update, which will be automatic for most people, and completed by the time they use it. There is generally no need to delete and reinstall.
If your app didn't update, even manually via the app store, then the problem would be with your device (probably a corrupt file). Uninstall/reinstall of the app is simply the usual fix for such things.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone know where Scotland is? I can find a few Scottish courses in the App, but they are further away than I remembered - just over 6000km from London. Don't recall going that far ...
You have to search for them.

Select Scotland from the list of 4 countries, the app will display/suggest maybe 30 or 40 courses...that is all. You then need to use the magnifying glass to search and type in the name of the course that you want. Still doesnt give you details of your Course Handicap though, so something isnt working correctly.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

Select Scotland from the list of 4 countries, the app will display/suggest maybe 30 or 40 courses...that is all. You then need to use the magnifying glass to search and type in the name of the course that you want. Still doesnt give you details of your Course Handicap though, so something isnt working correctly.
Yep, tried that and couldn't get anything to come up. But as I'm not up ion Scotland in near future, no real worries.

Main point was that I don't recall Scotland being so far away ...:)

YandaB

Visit site

I've randomly looked at a few and they have all shown me my CH for each set of markers. Was it all courses failing to show CH? Do you have an example?
My list shows them all between 450 - 750 km away apart from at the bottom of my list it has Broadlees at 5732km :unsure: Google maps has it at 600km. Something wrong somewhere!

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I've randomly looked at a few and they have all shown me my CH for each set of markers. Was it all courses failing to show CH? Do you have an example?
Yep...all courses. Tried them in Ireland, Wales and Scotland. Only English courses display a CH.

Gleneagles
Moray
Montrose
Celtic Manor
Nefyn
Royal Portrush

doesnt matter if I search for a course or select one from the suggested list.

Android version 1.0.13 (last update was 28/5/23...I did a manual update yesterday and have subsequently deleted and re-installed the app)

YandaB

Visit site
Yep...all courses. Tried them in Ireland, Wales and Scotland. Only English courses display a CH.

Gleneagles
Moray
Montrose
Celtic Manor
Nefyn
Royal Portrush

doesnt matter if I search for a course or select one from the suggested list.

Android version 1.0.13 (last update was 28/5/23...I did a manual update yesterday and have subsequently deleted and re-installed the app)
How peculiar, they all give me CH's, same version but with extra numbers: 1.0.13+19551377, it was auto updated for me.