Courses run by Mack Golf all closed today

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mackgolf, who run several council owned courses in the north west, have ceased trading so all the courses they run are closed.

Affected courses are
  • Bowring Park Golf Course, Huyton
  • Ellesmere Port Golf Course, Ellesmere Port
  • Heaton Park Golf Centre, Bury
  • Knights Grange Golf Course, Winsford
  • Moors Valley Golf Course, near Ringwood
  • Stony Holme Golf Course, Carlisle
  • Southwood Golf Course, Farnborough
  • Stanley Park Gold Course, Blackpool

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mackgolf, who run several council owned courses in the north west, have ceased trading so all the courses they run are closed.

Affected courses are
  • Bowring Park Golf Course, Huyton
  • Ellesmere Port Golf Course, Ellesmere Port
  • Heaton Park Golf Centre, Bury
  • Knights Grange Golf Course, Winsford
  • Moors Valley Golf Course, near Ringwood
  • Stony Holme Golf Course, Carlisle
  • Southwood Golf Course, Farnborough
  • Stanley Park Gold Course, Blackpool
Ouch
With peak season just going, season ticket money presumably taken it'll be difficult for those clubs. Wish 'em luck.

D

Deleted member 3432

Stonyholme were representing Cumbria in Englands Champion Club a couple of weeks back so a bit of a blow for them to say the least!

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Mack ran Newbold Comyn in Leamington Spa until they pulled out at the end of last year. It's still closed with little or no chance of it reopening. The council say it won't be sold off for housing but given time I'm guessing some of it will be.
Stoney Holme had a problem with flooding which must have meant reduced green fees. I also played Ellesmere Port. That is a loss but Wirral Council run 4 courses nearby.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In some respects i'm not surprised. I was looking at the Moors Valley website a couple of weeks ago with a view to playing the course and the site looked all very amateurish as if it had been done on the cheap.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Moors Valley is a bit of surprise given that it is part of the Moors Valley park.

I suppose with several other Pay and Play course in the area the council tink they could lose one.

It is similar thinking with Southwood, the council thinks there are enough courses in the area not to need a publicly run one.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Heaton park is down the road from me, looks like I can play free golf until a new operator is found!

Heaton Park is a Tough tough course. I played once with three other lads and watched one of them smack 9 (NINE) golf balls into a ravine in an attempt to get one over to the green on the other side..

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
How would that work?
My course, private not a members course, went into administration a couple of years ago, around the October time. The administrator kept the green staff on but the pro, bar staff etc were all laid off. Once people heard quite a few came to play it for free as there was no one there to take fees, kick you off etc. Not nice really. I'm assuming the poster is talking about doing the same although if the green staff are not kept on then it will soon become unplayable.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Heaton Park is a Tough tough course. I played once with three other lads and watched one of them smack 9 (NINE) golf balls into a ravine in an attempt to get one over to the green on the other side..

That's the 11th. Over the tree filled ravine for about 160-170 from tee to raised green. It's an interesting hole to play 😂 played it last week with a friend, we're both relative beginners, yet I've cleared it all 3 times I've played the course and he lost 3 balls, made me feel a lot better about the bad round I was having!