Courses in the Staffordshire area

timbo1988

Medal Winner
Visit site
I am looking at joining a new club in the Stafford area and wondered if anyone is a member of any good clubs? I was a member at Izaak Walton before it went out of business.

Ingestre is my current favourite and the best location wise for me. I played once and liked the course. Anyone a member there?

Brocton hall is another option but that has a joining fee for my age and has a waiting list!

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am looking at joining a new club in the Stafford area and wondered if anyone is a member of any good clubs? I was a member at Izaak Walton before it went out of business.

Ingestre is my current favourite and the best location wise for me. I played once and liked the course. Anyone a member there?

Brocton hall is another option but that has a joining fee for my age and has a waiting list!

where do you live?

Ingestre has a very tight clicky membership of elderly gents. it also drains very poorly in the winter. probably the worst there is. nice course in the summer though

i really like brokton and would have no problem being a member there if it wasn't for a huge amounts of do's and don'ts with rules and dress

Burton golf club is worth a look as is Whittington and bea desert (but closes alot in winter with snow and frozen course as it high on the chase)

D

Deleted member 18588

The current course at Ingestre is scheduled to disappear under HS2, a new course is planned. To me that is a good thing as I was far from impressed when I played the current set-up but if you like it you should be aware that it is not a long term thing.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
As mentioned above depending on where you live there's also branston,which also has a driving range and 9 hole course

i like Branston but always rammed with corporate golfers that take members slots and a bit of rain causes the trent to flood the course

timbo1988

Medal Winner
Visit site
where do you live?

Ingestre has a very tight clicky membership of elderly gents. it also drains very poorly in the winter. probably the worst there is. nice course in the summer though

i really like brokton and would have no problem being a member there if it wasn't for a huge amounts of do's and don'ts with rules and dress

Burton golf club is worth a look as is Whittington and bea desert (but closes alot in winter with snow and frozen course as it high on the chase)

Thanks for your reply.
I live in Stafford itself I think Whittington and Burton are too far for me to travel as they are a 45mins to an hour away and if I want to play/practice in the week after work I wouldn't want to travel more than half an hour!

Beau Desert would be my favoured option as the course is fantastic but looking at it they don't appear to be offering 7 day membership!

The Ingestre comments are a bit of a concern!

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.
I live in Stafford itself I think Whittington and Burton are too far for me to travel as they are a 45mins to an hour away and if I want to play/practice in the week after work I wouldn't want to travel more than half an hour!

Beau Desert would be my favoured option as the course is fantastic but looking at it they don't appear to be offering 7 day membership!

The Ingestre comments are a bit of a concern!

if you are a cat 1 golfer you can join beau desert 7 day straight away otherwise you have to start as 5 day.

both trentham golf courses are pukka too!