Course Condition After Lockdown

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bit worried about my local municipal. Chances are most of the staff were furloughed or sent to other council jobs. But as long as it’s playable I don’t mind too much.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lakes par 3 isn’t bad but greens were like a woolly jumper, would have been better off chipping.

I expect it will be sorted in a week or two. I was pretty happy to match the same score as my 1st round of the year.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Poor. My mates at his? Fantastic, greens unplayable. Amazingly fast. And I can believe him. I've been seeing the results of the greenkeepers work over the last three weeks as I drove past. Grrrrrrr. Off to play another mates place on Thursday. (Macclesfield)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played yesterday at Newport.... shocking...as in shockingly good. How PH did that with scaled down team I don't know. The progression from the cold wet March to now is very seasonal and the absence of player helped, but really impressed. Greens rolled nicely, a little shy of full speed, but I thinks there's some more cutting and rolling to be done....

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played last Thursday and the fairways and greens on our course were in great nick ... the only issue was a few bunkers that were hard and with little sand, which I thought should have been GUR. However, overall, really good, especially after the wet winter. On the other hand, a friend who plays at a course 25 miles away (no names) said his fairways were absolutely appalling.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our course is good .
But the lack of rain has it playing like a links course.
It’s not really set up for this kind of golf ,and it’s making it very tough.
Only concern is they have redone some bunkers and there is only 1/2” of sand on top of the liner.
It’s impossible to play a proper bunker shot.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Given that we only had half the green staff working (2 are still furloughed now). I thought the course was was good. Much as expected lots of unfilled divot holes, lots of weeds especially in the bunkers, bunkers are hard compacted sand except where some have used there feet to loosen it up and in a few there are trees starting to grow.

We have an army of member volunteers going out on the course today to do all the bunkers.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Picure was uploaded on facebook an hour ago. Played last Sunday afternoon and course was lovely. I heard greens were 11 in the week but wer eprobably 10 when i played but really smooth and true. Fairways and approches and rough all very nice

98966485_2967626246653364_5229210167068852224_o.jpg

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Brilliant article - no golfer should even be allowed to comment on their own course until they've read that. I can think of a handful at Pyrford who could do with reading it. But who would probably complain about some of the big words used in it.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Can't believe that our greens are as good as they are, as good as quick as they have been since I've been a member.

The fairways and rough are in good nick, just need some sand in the bunkers and this is being dealt with this week.

All in all our ground staff have done an excellent job and have significantly exceeded expectations.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think our greens are brilliant all things considered, and they'll only be getting better in the weeks to come!!!
Can't argue. They've putted nicely if a little slow but nice smooth surface so pick a line and it won't bobble. I think they've done a great job and that semi-rough is tough as the ball seems to sit down and makes it hard to get too much on it. Where they've left the long grass then it is definitely close enough to be a risk but they have given you a sensible amount of semi-rough first so they've taken into account we're rusty. As soon as they start taking the mowers down and making the greens quicker it'll be back to where it was

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Our club sent out an email tonight asking for help with some bunker weeding and general tidy up over the next few days looks like we should be back soon, canr wait