Course Advice Needed

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
My brother and his friends are heading for the Scottish Open next year as they were at the washed out day at the Ryder Cup and have been offered free tickets. They will be staying near Loch Lomond and are looking for 2-3 courses to play to make a trip of it. They would also consider a stop on the way up.

My knowledge of the geography of the area is limited and my knowledge of the courses in the area is non existent so can anyone put forward some recommendations. Cost per round is not too much of an issue for them

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Jeez,where do we start?

Hundreds of great courses but if money isn't too much an issue then try,Western Gailes,Glasgow Gailes,Troon,Dundonald.

Courses that are great but not as expensive are Killermont,East Renfrewshire,Eastwood....god I could be here all day................you may be best to do a wee search then post on here for opinions as there are loads to play within a 40 minute drive of Loch Lomond.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
A few of us went to St. Andrews in September and we stopped in at Hillside G.C. Southport, on the way back.

The best £70 I have ever spent, the course is amazing.

Also its right next door to Royal Birkdale.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
My brother and his friends are heading for the Scottish Open next year as they were at the washed out day at the Ryder Cup and have been offered free tickets. They will be staying near Loch Lomond and are looking for 2-3 courses to play to make a trip of it. They would also consider a stop on the way up.

My knowledge of the geography of the area is limited and my knowledge of the courses in the area is non existent so can anyone put forward some recommendations. Cost per round is not too much of an issue for them

subscribe to another golf magazine (with sand in it) and get a free ticket for turnberry kintyre sorted :cool: