Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not good news 😢. Unfortunately covid is still out there but for whatever reason it seems to have dropped out of the news. My FiL is still clinging on but only because of the great work by the hospital staff and modern medicine.
I wish him all the best for a full recovery.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not good news 😢. Unfortunately covid is still out there but for whatever reason it seems to have dropped out of the news. My FiL is still clinging on but only because of the great work by the hospital staff and modern medicine.
Covid has joined the pantheon of diseases like influenza and pneumonia - ever present & darn serious, and to which no-one ever pays enough attention.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Covid has joined the pantheon of diseases like influenza and pneumonia - ever present & darn serious, and to which no-one ever pays enough attention.
Is it not just that we have learnt to live with each of them? I get jabbed for covid and flu, try to keep fit and healthy. What more are we supposed to do, other than hide away?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is it not just that we have learnt to live with each of them? I get jabbed for covid and flu, try to keep fit and healthy. What more are we supposed to do, other than hide away?
You are right, and no, we're not supposed to hide away. I just meant that these diseases are sefious - but most people don't seem to think they are as bad as they actually are.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unfortunately the FIL didn’t make it through. He battled to the end but with only one lung (the other was removed 20 years ago because of cancer) it was always going to be difficult. 😢
Be careful out there, covid is still around and dangerous if you have a vulnerable condition.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately the FIL didn’t make it through. He battled to the end but with only one lung (the other was removed 20 years ago because of cancer) it was always going to be difficult. 😢
Be careful out there, covid is still around and dangerous if you have a vulnerable condition.

So sorry to hear that.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry to read this. Condolences.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
So sorry to read this.
Cherish the memories.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
On Monday one of my wife's friend came to visit her and the new baby. On Tuesday she's tested positive (despite having no symptoms apparently). I am now a little bit worried. I don't know how bad the current strain is for infants. ☹️ Saving grace might be that my wife actually had Covid back in December sort of time when she was 7-8 months pregnant so there may be some immunity there for both of them. No idea if it works like that.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apparently, and this is from a Macmillan nurse, if you've had COVID in the last three months you will be immune due to the antibodies still in your system. This apparently is a fact.