Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

D

Deleted member 21258

Are you supposed to read the leaflets:oops: Only thing he mentioned was they asked about any allergies or if he was on blood thinners. Like you say all was ok though.

Sorry, Wish I hadn't posted now:oops:, Sorry I didn't mean to make anyone worried or the like and left it until I was happy in myself (as an update checking myself now whilst working/typing this rubbish, I'm now down to mid 60s, so still moving in the right direction).

I only posted about it, as it was something that took me by surprise because I had not read or heard about that kind of effect. And to let others know, to prewarn as such, take things easy after getting it, Wouldnt recommend rushing out and do kick boxing.:LOL:

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had Moderna booster on Monday and no side effects apart from slightly stiff arm yesterday. Couldn't believe the conversation going on behind from 2 blokes, so much mis information and myths being shared :rolleyes:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Don’t know if this has been mentioned before. But some folk are pushing for Ivermectin to be used as a treatment for COVID. Some trials are being done and it’s not approved anywhere. Would be interested to see if Ethan has heard owt.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry, Wish I hadn't posted now:oops:, Sorry I didn't mean to make anyone worried or the like and left it until I was happy in myself (as an update checking myself now whilst working/typing this rubbish, I'm now down to mid 60s, so still moving in the right direction).

I only posted about it, as it was something that took me by surprise because I had not read or heard about that kind of effect. And to let others know, to prewarn as such, take things easy after getting it, Wouldnt recommend rushing out and do kick boxing.:LOL:

Don't worry about it. He had it on the 23/11. Glad you ok Darren.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Interesting https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-59487399 I presume all those that refuse go to stalag 12

Personally I would be strongly against and not something I would like to see.

I wonder what the legal standing would be especially for people that had an adverse reaction and died as a result. Whilst vaccinations are a choice we know the risks and we make a decision based on our own personal circumstances etc however if you are forced into it and die as a result then who is taking responsibility for that?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don’t know if this has been mentioned before. But some folk are pushing for Ivermectin to be used as a treatment for COVID. Some trials are being done and it’s not approved anywhere. Would be interested to see if Ethan has heard owt.

Heard 'owt? Heard lots. Ivermectin is much beloved of anti-vaxx types.

Despite some initial interest based on rather dodgy studies, now shown not to have any benefit in Covid. FDA has advised people not to take it because it can cause nasty side effects. It is the 2021 version of hydroxychloroquine. I am betting on blood-letting making a bid as the 2022 contender.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

I wonder what the legal standing would be especially for people that had an adverse reaction and died as a result. Whilst vaccinations are a choice we know the risks and we make a decision based on our own personal circumstances etc however if you are forced into it and die as a result then who is taking responsibility for that?

I am not in favour of mandatory vaccinations for the general public, apart from NHS and care workers and possibly some other similar public services that most of us come into contact with, but I am in favour of requiring Covid passports for indoor entertainment venues and suchlike. So people have a choice, albeit one with consequences.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I am not in favour of mandatory vaccinations for the general public, apart from NHS and care workers and possibly some other similar public services that most of us come into contact with, but I am in favour of requiring Covid passports for indoor entertainment venues and suchlike. So people have a choice, albeit one with consequences.

And I think that is potentially the direction of travel although if Omicron ends up being very mild but also very transmissible regardless of vaccination status then passports might be a waste of time. I just don't believe that any Government should force people into any vaccination especially for something that (fortunately) for the vast majority is very mild and the vaccination could (however small) pose more of a risk than severe illness from the virus.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’ll note that on this my lad recently did three events in Scotland where those attending had to show their V/P. He was surprised and heartened how smoothly and hassle-free it went - he feared trouble, hassle and long queues.

As a result he would be supportive of them being required in England as a means of reducing likelihood of venues having to be shut in the event of high(er) levels of infection spread.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

Apart from work requirements it's something that is impossible to implement and even at work level it would be interesting to see a legal claim by someone who is already employed. Change in terms and conditions may result in redundancy issues.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I’ll note that on this my lad recently did three events in Scotland where those attending had to show their V/P. He was surprised and heartened how smoothly and hassle-free it went - he feared trouble, hassle and long queues.

As a result he would be supportive of them being required in England as a means of reducing likelihood of venues having to be shut in the event of high(er) levels of infection spread.

A few months ago you argued vaccine passports for venues would be impossible to implement, and there would be chaos and aggro on the door…

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A few months ago you argued vaccine passports for venues would be impossible to implement, and there would be chaos and aggro on the door…
That is what my lad thought…he has changed his mind as time and the evidence has proven him wrong - that his fears seem to have been unfounded.

Though a sample size of three - and all in Scotland where ‘requirements’ on the public in respect of mask wearing etc have been maintained at a higher level than in England - is perhaps not a great basis for extrapolation to UK-wide.

Must ask him if he has wider feedback from venues across Scotland and whether or not he thinks it would be a goer in England.

Last edited:

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Germany goes for vaccine passports — unvaccinated to be barred from restaurants, pubs, cinemas, gyms, Xmas markets, cultural events and non-essential shops. Backed by Chancellor Merkel and her incoming successor (next week) Olaf Schulz, who wants to make vaccination compulsory.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Germany goes for vaccine passports — unvaccinated to be barred from restaurants, pubs, cinemas, gyms, Xmas markets, cultural events and non-essential shops. Backed by Chancellor Merkel and her incoming successor (next week) Olaf Schulz, who wants to make vaccination compulsory.
The polizie may carry guns but I can't see how they will police much of this.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Read today that the FDA have been ordered by the courts to release information after an FOI request by a group of scientists on adverse reactions to the Pfizer vaccine. Originally the FDA said they’d need 55 years before releasing the data!!

Documents are already being released with the first lot available online. I have edited the post not to include the link as I had a rethink and didn’t want to spread possible misinformation. I’m assuming those who understand will explain whether it’s something to worry about or not.

Last edited: