Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
To be fair Bob a lot of news sites were reporting what SR posted (as they do), the reality is you are both right, it just depends on which stats are chosen. The 7 day ones you quoted will be more balanced, although you chucked in a one day one in for good measure ?
This is one that mentioned the BH lag
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-58406184
Daily numbers
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Finished golf on Tuesday, started to enter scores on IG app and noticed I had a Ping from the Covid app ( yup I still have it turned on). Anyway it said I may have been in contact with someone who is positive.
So yesterday I had the test, results back this morning. Negative.
Now there’s a couple of things that I am pondering.
1, I wear a mask when inside til sat down. Did that help prevent me catching Covid again. One will never know.
2, Missis T has nigh on been my shadow for a week, so why was she not pinged.
3, when I had my test, as I was driving out a kid said to me you have to isolate til you get the results. Yet the NHS app says not. So what is the actual Advice. That said Missis T had me isolating doing DIY.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished golf on Tuesday, started to enter scores on IG app and noticed I had a Ping from the Covid app ( yup I still have it turned on). Anyway it said I may have been in contact with someone who is positive.
So yesterday I had the test, results back this morning. Negative.
Now there’s a couple of things that I am pondering.
1, I wear a mask when inside til sat down. Did that help prevent me catching Covid again. One will never know.
2, Missis T has nigh on been my shadow for a week, so why was she not pinged.
3, when I had my test, as I was driving out a kid said to me you have to isolate til you get the results. Yet the NHS app says not. So what is the actual Advice. That said Missis T had me isolating doing DIY.

I would delete the app if I was you (I never downloaded it at all). Anyway, I thought there was a long waiting time for Ping? Was it the new i59?

Tashyboy

Visit site
I would delete the app if I was you (I never downloaded it at all). Anyway, I thought there was a long waiting time for Ping? Was it the new i59?
No chance with the pings, it took a month for a Ping weight To be fitted.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
No chance with the pings, it took a month for a Ping weight To be fitted.

And on the isolation, kids are often right, and this one is technically right that self isolation is required if advised by Track and Trace (isolation after being pinged was never mandatory). But there is an exception for people that are double-vaccinated who do not need to isolate even if a household contact has the lurgy.

From gov.uk

When you do not need to self-isolate
If someone you live with has symptoms of COVID-19, or has tested positive for COVID-19, you will not need to self-isolate if any of the following apply:

• you're fully vaccinated – this means 14 days have passed since your final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine given by the NHS
  • you're under 18 years, 6 months old
  • you're taking part or have taken part in a COVID-19 vaccine trial
  • you're not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
An intersting graphic from Ireland showing vaccination and case rates by county. A pretty decent negative correlation (i.e. more of one leads to less of the other) between the two, apart from those eejits in Laois..

C9AA6D04-1C02-4149-A989-C036CBA0B9A4.jpeg

Tashyboy

Visit site
And on the isolation, kids are often right, and this one is technically right that self isolation is required if advised by Track and Trace (isolation after being pinged was never mandatory). But there is an exception for people that are double-vaccinated who do not need to isolate even if a household contact has the lurgy.

From gov.uk

When you do not need to self-isolate
If someone you live with has symptoms of COVID-19, or has tested positive for COVID-19, you will not need to self-isolate if any of the following apply:

• you're fully vaccinated – this means 14 days have passed since your final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine given by the NHS
  • you're under 18 years, 6 months old
  • you're taking part or have taken part in a COVID-19 vaccine trial
  • you're not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons

Ave tried to keep up to date re guidelines and I thought I had read that being double jabbed meant no isolation. Me and Missis T read the NHS guidelines yesterday after my test To confirm one way or the other. As it happens the garden and her summer house aka dog kennel is all wood treated after a day or isolation.
Now am out to go and swear at my driver. ?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
To be fair Bob a lot of news sites were reporting what SR posted (as they do), the reality is you are both right, it just depends on which stats are chosen. The 7 day ones you quoted will be more balanced, although you chucked in a one day one in for good measure ?

As the most recent data on hospitalisations we have is Aug 28, I couldn't give an accurate figure for the last 7 days so I highlighted the FACT that the last 3 days of data we have for hospitalisations the numbers have fallen* from 1020, 949, 916 and 842 and not risen as SR wrote

Concerning increases in deaths and hospitalisations today.

I guess my glass is half full.

*https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't know where you get your info from....
Even with the bank holiday lag...
7 day cases DOWN 0.2%
7 day deaths DOWN 0.5%
Hospitalisations DOWN 8% from previous day.
I got it from the BBC. Are they not reliable?
I didn't say anything about seven day averages, I made it clear it was increased deaths and hospitalisations for the day.
Screenshot_2021-09-02-09-33-52-94_aee2dc313af8a92a16fcafcae1270359.jpg

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nipped into the Metro Centre yesterday after work for some bits and bobs, I'd estimate a maximum of 1% of the people had masks on, mainly young families with kids. Felt a bit of an outcast with my mask on ?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I got it from the BBC. Are they not reliable?
I didn't say anything about seven day averages, I made it clear it was increased deaths and hospitalisations for the day.

No you didn't.
You said hospitalisations had increased today.
Quite impressive as the latest figure was for the 28 Aug and as I pointed out they have fallen from 1020, 949, 916 to 842.
And even if you did believe everything the BBC print, the number in hospital has risen by 324. How is that an increase from 842?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No you didn't.
You said hospitalisations had increased today.
Quite impressive as the latest figure was for the 28 Aug and as I pointed out they have fallen from 1020, 949, 916 to 842.
And even if you did believe everything the BBC print, the number in hospital has risen by 324. How is that an increase from 842?
I don't understand what you're getting at. I posted a picture of the BBC's daily Covid report, it shows an increase of hospitalisations and deaths, are they not increases posted on that day? When the BBC make a daily Covid report should I pm you to make sure you agree with it before I get sucked in by their fake news ?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I don't understand what you're getting at. I posted a picture of the BBC's daily Covid report, it shows an increase of hospitalisations and deaths, are they not increases posted on that day? When the BBC make a daily Covid report should I pm you to make sure you agree with it before I get sucked in by their fake news ?

I don't think daily figures are helpful (in either direction) without the context of what has happened over a period of time beforehand. There are obviously been a rise but if you look at the 7 day average etc it's nothing to get too worried about plus we have the BH lag. Likewise, if today's figures suddenly showed that no one had died and only a dozen had gone into hospital we wouldn't suddenly suggest that it's beaten and we can just forget about it.

In other news, first day of school (Year 2) today and everyone in the household was very excited. Us because it marks the end of the school holidays and our daughter because she gets to see all of her friends again. No masks required for drop off, no staggered starts involving lots of queuing and all the kids get to eat and play together as the bubbles are not being used.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't think daily figures are helpful (in either direction) without the context of what has happened over a period of time beforehand. There are obviously been a rise but if you look at the 7 day average etc it's nothing to get too worried about plus we have the BH lag. Likewise, if today's figures suddenly showed that no one had died and only a dozen had gone into hospital we wouldn't suddenly suggest that it's beaten and we can just forget about it.

In other news, first day of school (Year 2) today and everyone in the household was very excited. Us because it marks the end of the school holidays and our daughter because she gets to see all of her friends again. No masks required for drop off, no staggered starts involving lots of queuing and all the kids get to eat and play together as the bubbles are not being used.
If my neighbours dog kept me awake all night with barking it wouldn't make me feel better if he had been quiet the rest of the week.
I get the point that figures can get distorted over a weekend but the figures were bigger than they have been.