Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jeez give it a rest, lets hope the pandemic ends soon so we don't have to put up with your 2 bob medical advice any longer than we have to.

I normally ignore your drivel, but in this case, will make an exception to respectfully advise you that you can insert your utterly ignorant response somewhere from which surgical instruments will be needed to extract it.

And my current consulting rate is a damn site more than 2 bob, pal.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not happy at the moment. I've stopped wearing a mask as soon as I could and so far have had a stomach bug and now a bluddy cold. There's defo a case to keep wearing mask when near other humans.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Masks in cars are a weird one. You see people in their closed boxes not wearing one, then they pick up a passenger and the mask goes on.
I think at this point if they have the virus the cabin is already saturated anyway.
I see it mostly with private hire cars here, not been in the centre to see how black cabs are doing it. But at least they have a partition.
Us Driving Instructors have to have the windows open
Masks on, windows down and if it rains you get Covid or drown....cool choice..

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Thoughts on " young uns " getting " incentives" to get the vaccine appreciated.
Myself, staying alive and not passing it onto parents who are in there 80,s was incentive enough.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Thoughts on " young uns " getting " incentives" to get the vaccine appreciated.
Myself, staying alive and not passing it onto parents who are in there 80,s was incentive enough.

In Belfast. Anyone going to the walk in vaccination centre got a free ice-cream.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I normally ignore your drivel, but in this case, will make an exception to respectfully advise you that you can insert your utterly ignorant response somewhere from which surgical instruments will be needed to extract it.

And my current consulting rate is a damn site more than 2 bob, pal.
I commented that the insult fired at @Ethan was unacceptable, disagree with @Ethen if you wish but I thought that personal attacks were not permitted. However my post seems to have been deleted. No matter, I see the original post commented against has also been removed. Good.

Last edited:

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
In Belfast. Anyone going to the walk in vaccination centre got a free ice-cream.
It’s a three class society. You get ice cream, my girlfriend got a sticker, and I got nothing.

But do we seriously have to bribe people to live? In the US they get lottery ticket, Germany is taking about Sausages, ice cream in NI.
In January people were tying to jump queues.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I was at an outdoor beer festival yesterday and it felt really safe, even though by the nature of a beer festival very few people were wearing a mask.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Yet another visit to our nearest health centre to try and sort out why I’m not on the Spanish system for the jab. Took along a really good interpreter to catches any nuances I might have missed. Hallelujah, I’m on the system…. But…. Damn, I’m duplicated and won’t be called till the duplication is resolved, which can only be done with a personal visit to the regional office 50km away.

Booked an appointment there for 10am on Wednesday, along with an interpreter that works there. If I can come away from there with an AN(medical number) I can get a jab at the drop-in scheduled for Thursday about 15km away.

Everything crossed!!

D-S

Visit site
Hospitalisations and ventilator bed occupancy slowly rising, though. Test numbers have dropped a fair bit since mid-July. I think the accuracy of community case numbers has fallen proportionately too.
From COVID Fact check -

England COVID admissions are definitely falling now, in line with the recent reduction in cases.

The three most recent days were 758, 650 and 593 vs 827, 725 and 734 the previous week.

The seven day average drops to 744 from a peak of 793 last Tuesday.