Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
PCR test this morning as myself and the gf are coughing like crazy. 12 hours later we got our negative results back.

They promised us 48 hours and delivered in 12. Have to cancel a day holiday tomorrow which we took to keep the little one out of the holiday club.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Maybe we should address the issue that some people judge others so heavily based on how arduous their life is? The idea that someone is worth less than another because they want to work towards their dreams is baffling to me.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just to be pedantic it’s Bridgwater (no e). Sadly doesn’t make it any better though, having said that Enmore Park GC is not a bad track and only a couple of miles away.
Bridgwater Carnival is a seriously good night out hand a really big event) but it’s not until Novemberthough

We had a funny one year, some friends from Southampton turned up on our doorstep. They had booked to a touring caravan site just down the road at South Petherton intending to go to the Bridgwater Carnival and were a bit shocked when we told them where North Petherton is.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
@SwingsitlikeHogan

Right, I’ve asked nicely, to no avail, so I’m going to stamp on this starting now

Your sons UC experience is well documented here, has been done to death and has been used to make surreptitious political comments.

So it stops, please no more posts on this subject, other posters mentioning it will have their posts removed.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
@SwingsitlikeHogan

Right, I’ve asked nicely, to no avail, so I’m going to stamp on this starting now

Your sons UC experience is well documented here, has been done to death and has been used to make surreptitious political comments.

So it stops, please no more posts on this subject, other posters mentioning it will have their posts removed.
Excellent news.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bins not collected last week.. Garbage company blaming Pingdemic and a certain B event for lack of drivers. But no change to council charges or refunds.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Haven't worn a mask at all since 19th. I did feel firmly in the minority and a little awkward at times but now more relaxed and probably in the majority

Still wearing mine when out and about, as per the regs here. And still avoiding certain places/circumstances. Once jabbed I’ll wander a little freely.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m delivering cars all over the place
I’ll wear a mask if I’m sharing a car, or using public transport or a taxi.
Also wear one in shops, just seems the right thing to do ?
Masks in cars are a weird one. You see people in their closed boxes not wearing one, then they pick up a passenger and the mask goes on.
I think at this point if they have the virus the cabin is already saturated anyway.
I see it mostly with private hire cars here, not been in the centre to see how black cabs are doing it. But at least they have a partition.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, I hope that those unwilling to wear masks are very very flipping confident that a vaccine resistant variant is not coming, because it is non-pharmacological interventions like masks, social distancing and the like that will be needed to defend against it, and those unwilling to engage in such measures who will spread it if, or when, it comes.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Still wearing a mask in shops, supermarkets and in clubhouse - though taking it off when seated. I’ve observed a noticeable drop off in wearers. Prob as all numbers seem to be going in the right direction. Wonder what will happen if that changes - I fear getting mask back on will be difficult for some.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hate masks but am continuing to wear them. It is mainly for the safety of others but also does make me feel safer/protected too. Also social distancing as much as possible and not over keen on being inside the clubhouse and at close quarters with others inside.