Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

D-S

Visit site
Just to be pedantic it’s Bridgwater (no e). Sadly doesn’t make it any better though, having said that Enmore Park GC is not a bad track and only a couple of miles away.
Bridgwater Carnival is a seriously good night out hand a really big event) but it’s not until Novemberthough

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Just to be pedantic it’s Bridgwater (no e). Sadly doesn’t make it any better though, having said that Enmore Park GC is not a bad track and only a couple of miles away.
Bridgwater Carnival is a seriously good night out hand a really big event) but it’s not until Novemberthough
Just to be pedantic, it’s (and (no h) and that’s before the rest of your typos. ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
D-S looks like we will be having a day in Bristol. So looking for some highlights ?

D-S

Visit site

Tashyboy

Visit site

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
D-S looks like we will be having a day in Bristol. So looking for some highlights ?
Brunells Great Briton ship and the docks in general including the Water shed and Arnofini gallery. King Street and a drink in the Old Duke or Naval Volunteer, Clifton Village and a cider in the Coronation Tap, a stroll over the suspension bridge that spans the Avon gorge, Bristol Cathedral on College Green, Cabot Circus for shopping, Park Street with the Museium and Art Gallery at the top.
Lovely Jubley.

Reactions: D-S

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We know, you keep telling us.

If you keep bringing the subject up, dont get surprised when prople comment on it.
i might keep bringing it up as difficulties associated with the sector become apparent or indeed are resolved. I do not expect to get personal criticism as
A proper job as in Monday to Friday, 9-5 maybe working an office which I seem to remember he has done before.
Then do his Dj work in the evenings and weekends until work picks up.
Really...so you give the same advice to everyone working in the performing arts sector...get a proper job...sorry - but don't be absurd. That sort of 'advice' suggest a complete lack of understanding about what working in the performing arts sector involves...and I'll just note that my lad's DJ work is a small part of his regular workload...the majority is supporting performing artists/bands etc as they travel around the country, and that is a 9am-2am job. But let's not worry about the detail...:rolleyes:

And at the moment any venue anywhere may not be able to open due to last minute resourcing issues.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Brunells Great Briton ship and the docks in general including the Water shed and Arnofini gallery. King Street and a drink in the Old Duke or Naval Volunteer, Clifton Village and a cider in the Coronation Tap, a stroll over the suspension bridge that spans the Avon gorge, Bristol Cathedral on College Green, Cabot Circus for shopping, Park Street with the Museium and Art Gallery at the top.
Lovely Jubley.
That came through as an email notification. Missis T now has it. Cheers SR.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i might keep bringing it up as difficulties associated with the sector become apparent or indeed are resolved. I do not expect to get personal criticism as

Really...so you give the same advice to everyone working in the performing arts sector...get a proper job...sorry - but don't be absurd. That sort of 'advice' suggest a complete lack of understanding about what working in the performing arts sector involves...and I'll just note that my lad's DJ work is a small part of his regular workload...the majority is supporting performing artists/bands etc as they travel around the country, and that is a 9am-2am job. But let's not worry about the detail...:rolleyes:

And at the moment any venue anywhere may not be able to open due to last minute resourcing issues.
My SiL was doing the same type of work, as soon as it stopped he got a job delivering food for Sainsbury's which he's still doing. He has a family to support as well as himself.

D

Deleted member 15344

Everytime I log into this thread it seems it’s now just about SILH son

Calls for him to “get a proper job” ?! Blimey didn’t realise it was career advise on here now

Can anyone confirm what’s a proper job ? And what other jobs are classed as ?‍♂️

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My SiL was doing the same type of work, as soon as it stopped he got a job delivering food for Sainsbury's which he's still doing. He has a family to support as well as himself.
My lad doesn't, and he is OK scraping alone with very little. Fortunately his DWP Work Coach has been understanding and supportive throughout the pandemic, and his time on UC. The work coach understands that he has not lost his job, the pandemic and closure stopped work coming his way - but come his way it will.

Fortunately today there is a lot of work in the pipeline...but whilst the requirement to isolate when pinged remains, any of that work will be liable to cancellation at a moment's notice. The longer term problem of loss, and hence lack, of evening workers for a variety of reasons - as is also impacting restaurants and bars - will remain.

Last edited:

D-S

Visit site
Lovely Jubley.
A couple of pints of Exhibition Cider in the Coronation Tap and you might not make it across the Suspension Bridge!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Numbers rising locally, the village currently at 658/100,000 with 25 cases. Most are asymptomatic but several are struggling. One young lady, 30-ish, has posted a video on FB that would break your heart in which she urges everyone to get vaccinated. She can barely breathe and struggles to speak, whilst in the background a young child asks will you be alright mummy.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Calls for him to “get a proper job” ?! Blimey didn’t realise it was career advise on here now

Can anyone confirm what’s a proper job ? And what other jobs are classed as ?‍♂️
It's not just about him, actually it's only when Hogie brings it up again. Try logging on more often as you're missing out on some good stuff.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

He’s got a proper job, when it’s up and running, and it sounds like a decent career too. Personally, I’m fed up of seeing the veiled political posts about it the govt’s responsibility to provide for him. He’s choosing a lifestyle choice of having the state look after him. Calls for him to get off his ar€e and get out there and chase meaningful employment instead of choosing to sponge off the state are valid. If he has other issues that stop him doing that, fine, he has my sympathy and compassion. But I’m heartily fed up of Hugh whining on about it.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
He’s got a proper job, when it’s up and running, and it sounds like a decent career too. Personally, I’m fed up of seeing the veiled political posts about it the govt’s responsibility to provide for him. He’s choosing a lifestyle choice of having the state look after him. Calls for him to get off his ar€e and get out there and chase meaningful employment instead of choosing to sponge off the state are valid. If he has other issues that stop him doing that, fine, he has my sympathy and compassion. But I’m heartily fed up of Hugh whining on about it.

As are a lot of us Brian, well said!

D

Deleted member 15344

Understand - but maybe easier to ignore ?‍♂️

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
There is nothing political about what I have posted in respect of the difficulties being faced by the performing arts sector and equally the hospitality sector- and I am not whining on about it. That some choose to read between the lines and read what is not there I cannot help - but please do not complain about what is not there.

I will not comment upon the idea that those forced onto UC as that was the government support provided as 'sponging off the state' - other than to suggest that exactly the same could be said for all of those in receipt of grants and furlough, and hanging around waiting for things to pick up.