Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
My track record? On what?

Anyway conversation this morning finds potential work popping up all over the place for my lad as DJs, promotions company reps at venues and others getting pinged and having to isolate plus others testing positive. Flip side is that work he accepts can get cancelled at the very last moment as venue loses staff and can’t open. And all at the very last moment so events getting cancelled on the day right up to doors opening. Seems like there’s going to be chaos and great uncertainty in the smaller venue performing arts and nightclubs for quite some time. Ping exemption required for that sector would help mitigate the risk.

Seems like larger venues and festivals may be OK as he’s got 3 days doing late night DJ sets at Rewind North 6-8 August - and not too far from him in Macclesfield - and hopefully then also sets at Leeds Festival. So positive there.

I presume your joy at your son picking up work due to other people’s misfortune also comes with a bit of compassion for those that have had to miss out on work? No mention of any…

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I presume your joy at your son picking up work due to other people’s misfortune also comes with a bit of compassion for those that have had to miss out on work? No mention of any…
You presume correctly…it is very unfortunate for those who cannot work…but the same opportunities will no doubt present for them also when they are clear. My point is more to do with the chaotic business environment and uncertainty in which the performing arts and nightclub sector is having to operate at the moment.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just had a look at the top ten things to do in Somerset. A helicopter museum is in the top ten. So is the sandcastle competition ?

Going on Saturday, at this rate al be home on Sunday.
Bridgewater is not exactly the Severn Riveria (Don't know if there is one, maybe WSM). The cellophane factory was nice day out if you could manage the smell, maybe a climb up Brent Knoll, the views over the warehouses is second to none.

Don't let me put you off though ?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m back at the health centre again today, 6th time, starting afresh with all my docs. If they issue a temp health number, which they are supposed to do, I’ll be able to book an appt within 48 hours. There’s also drop-ins here too, just got to watch out for when they’re on- even if it means being in the car a couple of hours getting there.
Any luck Bri?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Any luck Bri?

No. I’ve hit a log jam. Until recently you could sign on at any health centre. You were given a AN(health) number when that health centre accepted your details. Then you could either wait to be issued an appt, book yourself or go to one of the drop-ins.

People in our village we’re going elsewhere because the front desk is a disaster. The other towns and villages stooped accepting people from our village, saying it’s the health centre that needs to get its act together.

My next move is to fill in a complaints form. One copy stays with the HCentre, one goes to the regional office and a 3rd goes to the police. These carry a hell of a lot of weight.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Went out on a long ride today, felt fine until I came back from The shops. Now ache all over shivering and have a splitting headache. Wife has some tests in her office so going to take one when she gets back from work:cry:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went out on a long ride today, felt fine until I came back from The shops. Now ache all over shivering and have a splitting headache. Wife has some tests in her office so going to take one when she gets back from work:cry:

Hopefully all will be fine. I was like that after golf on Friday. Two negative lateral flow tests and finally feeling much better today. I hate the fact that Covid has changed how we all feel about feeling under the weather...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Maybe he just can't be bothered putting in a bit of effort and getting a proper job.
Wrong - so very, very wrong…besides … what do you mean by a ‘proper job’… he has got a proper job…would you suggest the same to all self-employed…that when times are tough they should get a ‘proper’ job. I suggest that you wouldn’t.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lateral flows are a waste of time, get a PCR if you want a true test.

I was pretty thorough with the swab both times so I'm thinking unlikely the PCR would give a different result...always possible though. Spoke to the GP who thinks a virus of some sort which also gave me some gastric issues (less said about those the better)!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was pretty thorough with the swab both times so I'm thinking unlikely the PCR would give a different result...always possible though. Spoke to the GP who thinks a virus of some sort which also gave me some gastric issues (less said about those the better)!

So was I, did two lateral flow tests, both negative, did a PCR the day after and positive. A friend's wife did 7 negative lateral flow tests then a positive PCR, did another lateral flow and was negative on that ?
Only a small snapshot and I really don't know the science behind them but I wouldn't trust that test.