Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sky reporting its rumoured Spain and Greece could be added to the amber plus list.:rolleyes: Hopefully just a slow news day so we'll make something up to raise some interest type report...

Really not surprised

Friend of a friend is in Spain. Got covid mid holiday, was locked in his room for 3 days

Then ambulance brought to transfer him to covid hotel

10 days isolation

No booze or fags allowed

No deliveries of prepared food so gets bread roll for breaky and chicken soup for lunch

Booked a flight for Friday .. if he failed his test he lost out money again

Just wants to come home

Sounds completely worth it

D-S

Visit site
Really not surprised

Friend of a friend is in Spain. Got covid mid holiday, was locked in his room for 3 days

Then ambulance brought to transfer him to covid hotel

10 days isolation

No booze or fags allowed

No deliveries of prepared food so gets bread roll for breaky and chicken soup for lunch

Booked a flight for Friday .. if he failed his test he lost out money again

Just wants to come home

Sounds completely worth it
This is the massive risk going on holiday abroad brings, this is never mentioned when people bemoan the cost of testing - the cost of testing positive is far far higher and I would have thought financially prohibitive for many. This is an under reported danger in foreign holidays at the moment.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is the massive risk going on holiday abroad brings, this is never mentioned when people bemoan the cost of testing - the cost of testing positive is far far higher and I would have thought financially prohibitive for many. This is an under reported danger in foreign holidays at the moment.

Indeed but we have become a nation that "has" to have holibobs abroad at all cost.. as if going into debt wasn't bad enough.. catching a deadly illness is still not enough to put people off

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have started to do regular lateral flow testing.

I have realised I have a very strong gag reflex when my tonsils get touched.:sick:

Those lateral flow tests seem a load of ballox now, I know a fair few including myself who have tested negative but have been absolutely minging with Covid. Do they only pick up on a particular symptom or something?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Those lateral flow tests seem a load of ballox now, I know a fair few including myself who have tested negative but have been absolutely minging with Covid. Do they only pick up on a particular symptom or something?

I read earlier today that 99% of positive tests from a rapid lateral flow test are confirmed as positive from subsequent PCR tests. The % accuracy for negative results is a lot lower, partly because they aren't as sensitive and partly because of user error when taking the swab and not being thorough enough. So a positive test from a rapid test is almost certainly correct but a negative test doesn't mean you don't have.

Will try to find the link to the article I read if I can find it again.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It seems as though there are different requirements for types of tests. In the Netherlands the lateral flow tests are nasal only. Before I flew out here I had to have a PCR test and that was throat and nose. One of the other guys who also had a PCR test in the UK before flying had one that was only nose.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
2nd jab in the arm this morning (Pfizer), didn’t have any effects after the first, hope I’m the same with this one.

We go on holiday (Cornwall) on Saturday so glad to get it done before that.

D-S

Visit site
2nd jab in the arm this morning (Pfizer), didn’t have any effects after the first, hope I’m the same with this one.

We go on holiday (Cornwall) on Saturday so glad to get it done before that.
By the look of the traffic for the last 3 days going south past Bristol I would suggest leaving on Thursday.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So, daughters partner has isolated for the third time since Xmas. He came out of isolation on the day the government said if his work category get it ( police) they can test daily and still go to work if negative. He had been back at work 3 hours, a couple of bobbies went into a house, he was sat in car and he got pinged by a criminal who has Covid. Suffice to say he was not happy.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So, daughters partner has isolated for the third time since Xmas. He came out of isolation on the day the government said if his work category get it ( police) they can test daily and still go to work if negative. He had been back at work 3 hours, a couple of bobbies went into a house, he was sat in car and he got pinged by a criminal who has Covid. Suffice to say he was not happy.

Their was a time where the app said turn your contract tracing off when wearing full ppe ie the NHS

Surprise they didn't just say all key workers don't use the app

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
By the look of the traffic for the last 3 days going south past Bristol I would suggest leaving on Thursday.
You know what I am off to bridgewater on Saturday for 6 days. I had not given the traffic a single thought. Thanks for the heads up.