Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Sorry, late to the party on this one.
If you get a test and it's negative can't you disregard the alert?
Rings a bell somehow but I'm not 100% sure of the correct guidance.

No. My understanding is that even if you return a negative test during your self isolation period, that period must still be seen out.

Edit: the below from the Government guidelines;

If you develop symptoms of coronavirus, other members of your household must self-isolate immediately at home for 14 days and you must get a test to check if you have coronavirus or call 119 if you have no internet access. If your test is positive, you must continue to stay at home for at least 10 days and we will get in touch to ask about your contacts since they must self-isolate. If your test is negative, you must still complete your 14-day self-isolation period because the virus may not be detectable yet – this is crucial to avoid unknowingly spreading the virus.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

No. My understanding is that even if you return a negative test during your self isolation period, that period must still be seen out.

Edit: the below from the Government guidelines;

If you develop symptoms of coronavirus, other members of your household must self-isolate immediately at home for 14 days and you must get a test to check if you have coronavirus or call 119 if you have no internet access. If your test is positive, you must continue to stay at home for at least 10 days and we will get in touch to ask about your contacts since they must self-isolate. If your test is negative, you must still complete your 14-day self-isolation period because the virus may not be detectable yet – this is crucial to avoid unknowingly spreading the virus.
Those guidelines are for someone who is self-isolating or develop symptoms, mine is from the app and not even enforceable by law.?‍♂️ Very weird!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I don't care what the rules say, I have my own rules and they haven't changed much since March.
If something unnecessary increases my chance of catching the killer virus, I won't do it.
Stay at home, watch Netflix, stay safe and give the doctors and nurses a break.
Either wise we will be in the same boat this time next year.

You see Bob that’s the difference between you me and other folk. You know the rules and think they may be lapse. So I pose stricter rules upon yourself. Like me ,you are adamant that catching Covid is not a good idea.
Others see the rules as guidelines which don’t have to be adhered to If it suits ones agenda.
Am sure we will be in the same boat, just the seas will not be as rough.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
[QUOTE="bobmac, post: 2268833, member: 1739"]I really do hope I'm wrong.
It's the anti vaxers that won't take the vaccine that worry me[/QUOTE]
So do I, so do I.

At least you're in the nice position that you'll be happy if you're wrong. Whereas those who think it will be over sooner, will be cheesed off if they ard wrong ..

D

Deleted member 15344

You see Bob that’s the difference between you me and other folk. You know the rules and think they may be lapse. So I pose stricter rules upon yourself. Like me ,you are adamant that catching Covid is not a good idea.
Others see the rules as guidelines which don’t have to be adhered to If it suits ones agenda.
Am sure we will be in the same boat, just the seas will not be as rough.

Very strange because I’m sure right at the start of all this you were very flippant about it all to the point you even went on a holiday when others decided to cancel - you didn’t seem to be too bothered about the virus more about sunning yourself on beach ?

D

Deleted member 15344

[QUOTE="bobmac, post: 2268833, member: 1739"]I really do hope I'm wrong.
It's the anti vaxers that won't take the vaccine that worry me
So do I, so do I.

At least you're in the nice position that you'll be happy if you're wrong. Whereas those who think it will be over sooner, will be cheesed off if they ard wrong ..[/QUOTE]

They will I believe have to come up with rules in regards the Vaccine- I don’t see how they can make it compulsory but they just provide restrictions on people who don’t have the vaccine - can’t fly , go on public transport, work don’t allow them to attend etc

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
please explain. I am simply trying to make sure I get things right - many on here are asked one question about the rules and that is all that I have done. The second point was simply a gratitude that my church choir is able to record hymns and carols for our on-line church services. Both my potential trip to my mil and the choir were two situations where coronavirus has affected me - and I believe that that is what this thread is all about.
Re the trip to your MIL I don’t think you have advised if there is a need for both you and your wife to go

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
So do I, so do I.

At least you're in the nice position that you'll be happy if you're wrong. Whereas those who think it will be over sooner, will be cheesed off if they ard wrong ..

They will I believe have to come up with rules in regards the Vaccine- I don’t see how they can make it compulsory but they just provide restrictions on people who don’t have the vaccine - can’t fly , go on public transport, work don’t allow them to attend etc[/QUOTE]

Get what you are saying and I agree. However, the things those who don't vaccinate can/cannot do have to be practical. How people getting on a train or bus can be known to be vaccinated or not is impossible to determine.
OTOH, catch Covid and want treatment, then if not vaccinated, ( by refusing it) , and its on your NHS records, then go and take the paracetamol etc and don't clog up the NHS .

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anti-vaxxers are a problem, although there are really not that many of them (I mean full blown believers that vacc causes autism, Bill Gates putting 5G nanobots, etc). There are quite a few people who have read that the vacc development programmes have been rushed. They mostly don't understand how development moved fast (lots of money, stuff happening in parallel rather than series, genomics, Govt support, intense competition). Some of them will be persuadable once a few of their friends have been vacc'd without any problems.

There are also people who reckon that the benefit-risk for them personally supports waiting a while. In a sense, the Govt policy agrees with them, so if a 30 year old in good health said to me that they weren't sure and preferred to wait, I would tell them that is a rational and reasonable position.

One wrinkle will be travel and work. It seems likely that places currently requiring a negative PCR test will add certification of vacc as acceptable for entry. In some ways, it is more reliable. So the anti-vaxxers may not be going to Majorca next summer. There is no reason that asthmatics and autistics can't get vacc'd so exemptions certificates should not apply. And NHS workers and lots of other customer-facing jobs will likely require vacc to stay in work.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't care what the rules say, I have my own rules and they haven't changed much since March.
If something unnecessary increases my chance of catching the killer virus, I won't do it.
Stay at home, watch Netflix, stay safe and give the doctors and nurses a break.
Either wise we will be in the same boat this time next year.

Sorry Bob but (correct me if I'm wrong) you are in a position where that stance is sustainable? (Retired I think?)

Lot of people still have to go work or take the kids to school...

ATM that's the 2 things I leave house for. Well that and picking up click and collect shopping

I will however go golf from weds as it's outdoors and I need the exercise

No more risky than my other activities as I am far from people and outside where as work I'm in a control room with 9 other people and air con that recirculates air

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Re the trip to your MIL I don’t think you have advised if there is a need for both you and your wife to go
There was only a ‘need‘ as we were going to drive up and back in the one day - it’s too far for my wife to drive there and back herself - in any case by mrs has now decided that we are not now going to go up before the Christmas break and will try and sort out an alternative for mil and BiL prior to going up.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They will I believe have to come up with rules in regards the Vaccine- I don’t see how they can make it compulsory but they just provide restrictions on people who don’t have the vaccine - can’t fly , go on public transport, work don’t allow them to attend etc

Get what you are saying and I agree. However, the things those who don't vaccinate can/cannot do have to be practical. How people getting on a train or bus can be known to be vaccinated or not is impossible to determine.
OTOH, catch Covid and want treatment, then if not vaccinated, ( by refusing it) , and its on your NHS records, then go and take the paracetamol etc and don't clog up the NHS .[/QUOTE]
How about add something to the NHS app that shows green after the vaccine, stays red if you haven't had it? To access public transport, shops, flights etc you have to show the green sign on the app.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
OTOH, catch Covid and want treatment, then if not vaccinated, ( by refusing it) , and its on your NHS records, then go and take the paracetamol etc and don't clog up the NHS .
How about add something to the NHS app that shows green after the vaccine, stays red if you haven't had it? To access public transport, shops, flights etc you have to show the green sign on the app.[/QUOTE]

I doubt proof of vacc would be needed to get on a bus, the London tube etc, but it will be required for air-travel. Several airlines have already said they need tests, and they will almost certainly extend that to include vacc'd people, and inevitably the rest will follow. Will also probably be required by immigration abroad. The NHS App could be used as a certificate but not everybody has it or wants it, so a credit card sized piece of paper with a QR code would probably be needed too.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Been having the what do we do about Christmas bubble discussion this morning. In many ways no three household Christmas bubble would have made things so much easier - because now that we have it we feel a bit of pressure from both children and mil for them to be in our 3 household bubble. And though there will not be any occasion when all four households would be together inside at any one time - that is irrelevant - - we’d be a four household bubble and that ain’t permitted - a quart don’t fit into a pint pot. So we have to decide who misses out. Or we all miss out. Which in some ways would have been a bit less painful.

You just know that very many families are just not going to bother sticking with the 3 household limit. Many will simply consider the 3 limit as the number allowed together at any one time.