Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
As we are still struggling to get supplies for our over 80’s I think us 60’s will be lucky if we see a needle before May/June if teachers unions get their way. It will be when it will be but I think the post code lottery is not a great idea.
I note that that could perhaps equally have read '...if teachers get their way'.

I'm also over 60 and I will happily put up with whatever short delay in my getting vaccinated is introduced by vaccinating all teachers before me. After all - with the way the vaccination programme is going that delay is only likely to be a matter of days rather than weeks.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Given how many children a lot of teachers come in contact with daily when they are back in the workplace they should be allowed to be vaccinated. My daughter can be in contact with 200 in a week and obviously isn't the only one. She spent each day in college wondering if she was going to catch covid as her school class bubbles had infections and had to isolate. Yellow barrier tape stuck on the floor which a student couldn't cross apparently works well to protect from her catching covid:rolleyes:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I note that that could perhaps equally have read '...if teachers get their way'.
I have only heard unions bleat about it, I only know a handful of teachers and lecturers and the appear to be quite happy to take their turn so I'm quite happy to stick with what I say.

I am happy to wait my turn and have never said any different but it is annoying when the stewarding team I am a member of turn up for a days work only to be told on arrival that the vaccine promised never arrived. Contacting disappointed 80+ is not a great task.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So the AZ vaccine seems to provide good efficacy and inhibits transmission.

Is there any reason to think that the Pfizer jab will not do the same?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As we are still struggling to get supplies for our over 80’s I think us 60’s will be lucky if we see a needle before May/June if teachers unions get their way. It will be when it will be but I think the post code lottery is not a great idea.
My daughters school has closed today because so many of the staff have the virus.
Not just teachers but all the adult staff!!
If we want kids in school so parents can go to work ,we need to vaccinate the staff

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
So the AZ vaccine seems to provide good efficacy and inhibits transmission.

Is there any reason to think that the Pfizer jab will not do the same?

None at all, may do it even better, and hardly anybody in the clinical community ever thought otherwise. There was just no direct evidence to show it, and HMG were a big anxious about anybody considering themselves "safe" and stopping social distancing, much like the immune certificates mooted last year.

The vaccine majorly reduces replication of the virus, it must reduce the risk of transmission.

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not such an 'old skier' then, just a whippersnapper. Anyhow all that Brasso and Blanco you Pongo's took in through your pores will probably make most viruses keep away ?