confidence at all time low!

bigbiffa

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
well homer, you cheered me up no end! mine so frustrating, i can go 5 holes in level or even under par(even not striking it great) and then something crazy like a 9 or a 10 will creep in.......thats half 1/2 to 3/4 of my handicap gone....on one hole, maybe this will help you guys understand me(or not) if the whole round was rubbish, id probably be less frustrated, but EVERY time i play, there are signs of the good golf returning, then....WALLOP with a big crock of Sh#te!!!

19th

Head Pro
Visit site
If it is just rebuilding your confidence and not trying to hit it out of sight at the same time, try going down the grip a good bit and then generate greater clubhead speed at impact.

This will reduce distance but could offer more 'feel' as the ball flys off the sweetspot and the confidence returns- if this does work (it did for me) you then start going back up the grip again and your distance returns.

GasMan

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You could almost have said "I could be GasMan's evil twin if I wasn't a sweaty" :p

Seriously though I spent the preseason fighting a snap hook that looked like the most ridiculous tennis topspin forehand look like a straight ball flight. In correcting that came the high weak gay leak fade that started at best straight.

It took a little old fella stood behind me on the 1st to come up and whisper in my ear to try practise swinging SLOWLY with all of my clubs with my backside nearly against a wall. It stops you getting the club behind you!

To be on the safe side i hung a tarpaulin up so I couldn't damage my clubs on me and voila I could get through the ball so much better again.

Anyone would think Hank Haney had been coaching you!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
well homer, you cheered me up no end!

If you thought that was funny, I lost three balls in the last three or four holes on Saturday and six in total and didn't play too badly in patches. Stick with it. Have a break if you think thats the answer or maybe a lesson and practice. Some say play through it but I'd got to the end of my tether and was about to chuck many toys from the pram and walk in but soldiered round and then had a week off. Check the blog and you'll see that there are moments of hope and some of abject despair!

bigbiffa

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
yeah i read it homer......poor u m8!
well, im playing the midweek medal at 0815 on weds, so im gonna try a bit of range time tomorrow.
I reckon a bit more width on the backswing will help,so i will try that and report back!

bigbiffa

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
hmmmmm, on sat hit a good drive which faded into a bunker 80 yds from green, walked off with 6.....on 2 (par5) hit great drive into middle of fairway, next shot 3 wood, and as ive been hitting every thing right, aimed at trees left of green(expecting my big slice) hit the damn thing straight into trees, walked off with an eight....doh!!! double doh!